- Due to the pandemic and elements of Brexit, we find a distinct lack of IT people across the spectrum of skills – moving into the third quarter of 2021. Biggest movers, in terms of salary increase, seem to be infrastructure and development.
- .Net continues it’s upward trend with .Net Core skills in high demand
- IT engineering skills are highly sought after, with the need to mobilise staff to work from home and continuous IT support thereafter. Once IT platforms are developed and implemented next comes, remote IT support; which has proven challenging for many orgs.
- Low level / entry level development need continues to rise as orgs look for the bright stars of the future; as opposed to luring top end skills £££ on a routine basis. Build for the future seems, to be the theme
- Attraction will be key moving into the autumn of 2021. Autumn tends to be a busy period as people look for that new role as summer ends but also projects kick on, in earnest, due to school holiday and bank holiday completion.
- Furthermore, employees will be nervous about their positions and subsequently moving roles, may prove too much this year. We expect a surge of hiring to take place between August and November 2021; largely as the vaccine delivers normality and reduced restrictions. Other elements will also take hold, such as a firm EU/UK relationship. Fingers crossed for normality across the economy.
- Salaries continue to rise well ahead of inflation / cost of living – in our sector.
|IT Management||Ave £||YOY % +/-|
|IT Support Manager||£50,500||+10|
|Service Delivery Manager||£50,500||+10|
|Head of IT||£125,500||+15|
|IT Operations Manager||£65,250||+5|
|Infrastructure Projects Manager||£65,500||+2|
|Popular Roles||Ave £||YOY % +/-|
|SQL Server Skills Dev SSIS/SSRS||£45,500||+5|
|Agile Software Development||£50,000||+5|
|3rd Line Server Engineer – intermediate||£42,500||+15|
|Senior Infrastructure Engineer||£46,750||+15|
|Development Roles||Ave £||YOY % +/-|
|SQL – T-SQL||£47,500||-7|
|.Net plus MVC Developer||£50,000||+1|
|Entry Level .Net Developer||£30,000||–|
|Infrastructure Roles||Ave £||YOY % +/-|
|SQL Server and Infrastructure engineer||£45,500||+1|
|VMWare/Virtual/Cloud based infrastructure||£48,000||-1|
|3rd Line Server Engineer||£42,500||+15|
|2nd Line Support Technician||£30,000||+10|
|SAN – Storage consultant (Enterprise)||£50,000||+4|
|Active Directory Specialist||£50,000||+10|
|SQL Server DBA||£47,000||+3|
|Apache – Web Server Engineer||£50,000||+5|
|CCNA – network engineer intermediate level||£45,000||–|
|CCNP – Accomplished Network Engineer||£57,750||+5|
Please email the team for a specific salary review, this service is free of charge – just click here.