Senior Developer / systems manager
Salary £40,000 – 45,000
- Education Requirements - none other than commercial exposure
- Experience Requirements - min of 3-5 years in a web role
- Industry - Marketing
- Job Location - Huddersfield
- Qualifications - any web/systems quals considered
- Responsibilities - Web management
- Skills - Web project development
- Work Hours - 37.5 hours
- Healthcare - We offer AXA PPP medical health cover upon completion of probation.
- Staff discount scheme - Perkbox offers a range of free and discounted services.
- Workplace pension - We offer the Government workplace pension scheme to all our employees.
- Social events - Dress-down days, quizzes, nights out and charity fundraisers are all part of our social calendar.
- Staff Perks - Our staff members enjoy a fully stocked 'treat' cupboard. This often includes cake and biscuits, healthy snacks and pop.
- Birthday – a day off on your birthday
About the role: Are you a talented developer looking for a challenge and complete ownership of development systems within a SME business? If you are passionate about working on projects from concept to delivery, your projects and have a minimum of three years’ experience, then we have a great opportunity for you to grow with the company and more importantly, call the shots.
You will be responsible for maintaining and updating all web related projects and server environments as well as being involved with other technical projects as the business requires, including, migrating the current Umbraco content management system / site to version 8 and creating additional conversion rate focused landing pages as required. As part of this role, you must have a good understanding of UX, SEO and technical requirements and how this applies to current technologies.
In addition, you will support the wider digital marketing strategy by providing support on the creation of A/B testing and the implementation of test outcomes.
You will play a key part of our Digital Marketing team and will be reporting to the Senior Digital Manager; however you will be expected to take ownership for all development projects. You must have the ability to work form concept through to deployment.
You will know what makes a website work and therefore will understand the importance of development for SEO, Paid Search and other digital marketing channels.
Main duties include:
- Maintaining and updating the software on our server.
- Migration of website from Umbraco version 7 to Version 8
- Producing a weekly maintenance log of issues and fixes and potential impacts on the business.
- Keep up to date on the latest Umbraco developments and ensure that our website environment is always up to date with the latest patches and security fixes.
- Creation and updates to new and existing web templates – Working on both Front and Back end
- Investigate areas of technical improvements to all web assets, provide recommendations to the Senior Digital Marketing and SEO Manager with timing plans and implement these recommendations once signed off.
- Work with the wider marketing teams to implement API connections to tools to aid reporting
- Investigate & troubleshoot development related website issues, communicating with wider stakeholders in terms of maintenance changes and updates.
- Support the Senior Digital Marketing and SEO Manager with projects to improve the site through implementation of new features and functionality as well as having input to larger website projects.
Key qualifications and experience of candidates include:
- Umbraco experience (doesn't need to be indepth)
- Experience in:
- API development including ASP.net Core
- Previous experience in website migration from Umbraco version 7 to version 8
- A strong understanding of the full development lifecycle
- Prioritisation of personal workload to meet business needs
- Eager to learn and willingness to continually improve
- Strong understanding and experience of responsive design and mobile-first.
- Self-starter and confident to question and interpreting briefs
- Ability to take direction and constructive feedback from senior members of the team
- Highly organised and able to deliver within accurate timescales
- Worked to achieve and exceed specific targets and KPIs
- Experience of working in a KPI driven environment with clear evidence of how you have achieved and exceeded goals and targets
A thriving organisation, specialising in the full range of legal services.
We are committed to developing our team to deliver a first-class service to our customers. Not only do we work hard, we also offer a great place to work, with dress-down days each month and regular breakfast mornings - we ensure there is a balance between hard work and fun. Teamwork is important to us, and we offer days and meals out as a company to help to create this bond.