- Familiarity with NodeJS, Mongo-DB, Microsoft Access VBA, Microsoft domain management
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude, and logical rigorous coding habits
- Willingness to take on new responsibility and learn new methods/approaches
Fundamentally, the Co are growing quickly, are flexible and there is great opportunity for someone to come onboard and have a real meaningful impact on what is a relatively early-stage company.
- Are an FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) online retailer/trader, focusing primarily on DIY equipment and homewares.
- Started 5 years ago
- Currently have 8 staff, turn over around £2m a year and growing aggressively – about 40-50% a year.
- Main base and offices are located in central Harrogate
- They sell on amazon (UK & EU), ebay and etsy marketplaces. Growth plans include rolling out website and expanding to amazon US. Been invited to sell on Wayfair due to growth
Current IT set up:
- Internal network is a Microsoft domain, managed by Windows Server 2019. Security is critical
- Databases are Mongo-DBs (non-SQL) which are stored on local server with back-ups stored in independent synology hard-drives. Some legacy Microsoft Access SQL databases, but intend to deprecate these.
- Fully integrated supply chain management and product repricing system, with a front end app based in chrome.
- The supply chain management system automatically monitors, generates and manages incoming shipments and purchase orders, as well as generating onward shipments to the various marketplaces.
- The repricing system works with the supply chain management system to monitor supply/demand dynamics across marketplaces, and set prices and availability as required, all in real time.
- The systems are coded in NodeJS. It uses express to communicate with the front end and REST APIs to communicate with marketplaces’ systems.
Pipeline of IT projects:
- Continued development and maintenance of the front end: there is additional functionality and reporting that is required. For example, detailed analysis of sales performance and trends within out marketplace. This will mainly involve working with warehouse management, as they are the primary users.
- Amazon FBA management system is currently still on the Microsoft Access DBs. Move across onto the new NodeJS + Mongo-DB system.
- Currently use Royal Mail Click and Drop. There are various shortfalls with the system to remedy this there will be a migration of this functionality into systems by using Royal Mails’ Shipping API
- Integrate system with the wayfair API, they use a form of REST communication
- Continued development of the repricing and supply management systems: fine tuning the algorithms to ensure there is no disruption in the supply chain.
- Development website, hosted on own servers.
- Security and data protection: continue to develop security protocol (user management, database and network security) and continue to ensure compliance with data protection requirements