|Location||Leeds, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||March 20, 2018|
|Job Type||Fixed Term|
|Salary||19,000 to 24,000 plus benefits|
JOB TITLE: Support Analyst
LOCATION: Leeds, UK
JOB CATEGORY/TYPE: Permanent
Our client is a global, technology enabled solutions provider, that delivers technology solutions and services. The client employs over 500 people based in 13 offices in 11 countries, working with more than 12,000 people worldwide.
At the centre of clients approach is delivering customer focused solutions, of the highest possible quality and making the global communication process smooth for over 2,500 public and private sector clients.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced, challenging Technology department as a Support Analyst. The successful candidate will join a highly motivated and dedicated support team which combines Desktop and bespoke applications supporting a user base of thousands both internally and externally around the globe.
The ideal candidate for this role will have strong 1st/ 2nd line experience working on a busy service and/or product support desk and is looking for a more varied support analyst role.
As well as the technical skills required for this role the successful candidate will have excellent communication skills with a customer focused attitude towards desktop and applications support. Excellent organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise tasks is a must.
• Responding to support incidents on the phone, through email, within the product support website and through the internal ticket system.
• Operate within published procedures for Incident, Request, Problem and Change Management, ensuring agreed business and client SLAs are met.
• Manage the logging of support issues following business procedures to capture issue, assign the priority level and close tickets with clear details on cause and solution for the issues.
• Escalates incidents and requests to internal and external 3rd line teams as appropriate within the agreed procedure.
• Transition and articulate critical system and application issues to Team Leader.
• Provide excellent customer service at all times through an understanding of each customer’s needs, focusing on a swift (and where possible) first time resolution to the customer
• Provide troubleshooting and debugging of client problems.
• Proactively builds and manages internal and external customer relationships based on trust and respect
• Communicate outage/emergency and maintenance activities to the organisation.
• Document how to articles and knowledge bases to support customers in finding the resolution online before needing to contact the Desktop and Application Support Team.
• Process IT purchase orders for hardware/software purchases as required by the business, Work with other members within the Technology department to improve personal knowledge of systems and skills to better support the business.
Key knowledge, skills and experience required:
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Technical knowledge and experience of supporting
• Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems and Applications
• Mobile Computing (Laptops / Tablets / Mobile Phones)
• Anti-virus and encryption technologies (from a desktop perspective)
• “Off the shelf” and/or internally built applications support
• SQL querying skills – desirable
• Excellent customer service and strong communication skills through being able to articulate technical matters at the right level to all parties involved at the time.