Education Requirements - Graduate Calibre
Industry - Software House
Qualifications - Any Industry related would be useful but not essential
Work Hours - 9-5.30
Salary - £35,000+
Benefits - Shares / Bonus / Pension / Secure Comp / Broad Role
This role sits within a well-established computer software company, specialising in the development and supply of a range of software platforms to local government and utility services sectors. The Company has an unrivalled reputation for delivery of quality products and services, and a 30+ year history of ethical business practices and consistent profitability.
The company became an employee owned organisation some years ago to develop a true sense of collaboration and ensure everyone in the business pulls in the same direction. The controlling majority shareholder of the business is a trust in which all employees have an equal share. This means that every employee of the company becomes a co-owner of the company with certain ownership benefits and responsibilities. The Company offers very good working conditions and competitive salaries, plus benefits including an excellent pension scheme and share option scheme.
The steady growth of the company coupled with the increasing demands of the business has led them to redefine the Technical Team structure. As a result of this reorganisation, they now have a requirement for an experienced Technical Systems Administrator within the Internal Infrastructure and Security Team. The role will involve day to day IT Support Tasks with occasional participation in on-going major Infrastructure projects. The role is potentially very broad and is likely to involve the following:
- Proven experience in providing Technical Support.
- Troubleshooting 2nd line / 3rd line IT support tickets
- Office 365 Administration
- Commissioning new users’ equipment and AD accounts
- Maintaining an asset register of IT Equipment
- Pro-active Monitoring of Critical Infrastructure including security, resource utilisation levels and backups.
- Server Administration Tasks in Exchange, Active Directory and Hyper-V
- Ensuring Process documentation is adhered to and kept up to date.
- Project work to implement recommendations from IT Management to improve existing processes or create new ones.You will be working within a small and busy Help-desk team to provide support to internal users across the UK. You should be comfortable with everything from basic IT orientation for users, through to the more complex user support requests on Windows 10 Laptops and Windows Server. You will also be tasked with setting up Windows desktop and server systems from scratch, including installing hardware upgrades.Inevitably with this type of role, an element of working out of normal hours will be necessary to maintain the service levels to internal and external users.
The role is crucial as it underpins all the Company’s operations. It requires a total commitment to looking after the interests of the Company and its reputation in continuing to provide a first-class service. You must possess excellent communication skills and be comfortable engaging with all staff right up to board level. The highest level of care and attention to detail is necessary. You must be an excellent problem solver and able to work independently.
The role will suit a candidate who has several years’ experience and who is looking to expand their knowledge and become an “All Rounder”.
Experience Requirements / Skills
The successful candidate will have significant experience of Windows 7/10 with experience of Server 2012 - 2019. The role currently requires knowledge of the following technologies;
- Office 365
- Microsoft Azure AD and Azure in general
- Active Directory
- Hyper-V Server Administration
- A good understanding of TCP/IP and DNS
- Experience with wired and wireless networks
- Ethernet switching including VLANs
- Experience in diagnosing and fixing networking issues
- Experience in developing scripts e.g. PowerShell
Any knowledge of the following would be highly advantageous;
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Backup Exec
- SQL Server databases
- Manage Engine
- ForcePoint / Websense Cloud and Endpoint
- Firewall configuration
- IP telephony
- Configuring Storage Area Network devices
- iSCSI networking
The role is applicable only for a person who is looking for a long-term career development opportunity. The company ethic is to develop the capability and potential of its employees. As we always look to promote from within, there will be opportunities to assume additional roles and responsibilities to develop the role into a significant position with the company structure.