Education Requirements - Graduate Calibre
Industry - Technology Vendor
Job Location - 423 Kirkstall Road, Leeds, LS4 2EW
Due to the increase in customer numbers and some new client wins / migrations , this technology house are looking to increase the size and depth of skills in their support functions which include technical support, application support and data migration and development.
The successful applicant will provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line Technical support directly to end users, IT Departments and through third party hardware suppliers on technical issues arising through the use of our extensive software portfolio. Exclusively Microsoft based our software is supported on SQL 2005 and above running on Windows Server 2008 and above and integrating with Exchange server 2007 and above with Office 2003 and above.
The successful candidate will be expected to associate their Microsoft ID with the business and underpin our Partner Certifications and/or undertake further Microsoft Certification should the need arise. Currently a Microsoft Gold Partner. Any experience with Microsoft Azure would be extremely beneficial.
- A good working knowledge of Server and Desktop hardware is essential and any manufacturer certifications would be considered a distinct advantage.
- In depth knowledge of general networking to include fixed WAN links, ADSL, VPN, LAN and associated hardware, preferably Cisco, is also essential.
- Working knowledge of virtualisation (VMware) and SAN technologies would be beneficial to the successful applicant.
- Applicants with pre-sales technical consultancy experience and proposal writing would have a distinct advantage.
- Any experience of defining and delivering managed services and products would be looked upon favourably.
- Any knowledge of Microsoft SQL programming, VB Scripting (Macros) and VB6 or VB .Net would also be extremely beneficial, but not essential
Travel to customer sites, including the occasional overnight stay, may be required. This is to undertake support duties, consultancy, server installation/migration and occasional disaster recovery.
Microsoft Certifications are especially welcome.
Salary is negotiable (depending on experience) for the right candidate and existing quarterly Bonus scheme
The role is a standard working day but there is occasional overtime, working unsocial hours and weekends which comes with salary allowances and flexible working.