- Education Requirements - none
- Experience Requirements - 2 years in a technical support role
- Industry - Financial services
- Job Location - Leeds, LS15 1AA
- Qualifications - none required
- Work Hours 37.5 hours
- Salary £25,000 to £30,000 circa
Responsibilities and Skills:
Do you thrive on providing excellent customer/colleague support and enjoy solving problems in a methodical and analytical manner?
Are you self-motivated and enjoy learning new technical skills in an environment that allows you innovate?
Come and join our small, friendly and innovative team at our industry award winning company.
A specialist lender, we offer products that provide simple and straight-forward solutions for use in effective retirement planning.
Winners of Awards inc Best Provider for Adviser Support for two years running, we work with over 2000 registered advisers to provide a first class service to customers with products tailored to their needs.
Awarded the ‘Investors in People’ accreditation, we are firmly geared up to build on our successes and grow our business with talented additions to our ever-evolving team.
We are a friendly, professional and dynamic place to work. If you would like to be part of our award winning culture and demonstrate our values of ‘honesty’, ‘simplicity’ and ‘responsibility’, we would love to hear from you.
The ideal Technical Services Analyst will undertake a range of 1st line Technical queries, logging and managing incidents whilst also capturing service requests ensuring incidents and requests are monitored, updated and closed within the agreed SLA’s. Supporting business change through the use of technology to achieve the continued growth of the business and advancement in technical methods that embody our values.
- Making S.M.A.R.T. (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely) recommendations on how to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and delivery of services through the use of technology and technical methodologies.
- Analysing information and assisting in developing infrastructure to support business process design and improvement activities.
- Liaising with the Technical services manager, recognising opportunities for business change and being able to communicate the desired change persuasively to appropriate stakeholders.
- Supporting others in acquiring knowledge, and providing expert technical advice.
- Liaising closely with service partners and suppliers, for example where third party work or packages involve significant functional, technical, process, data or integration decisions.
- Assisting others in resolving complex technical issues and investigating the root cause of problems and recommending S.M.A.R.T. (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely) solutions.
- Problem Solving. Not simply being reliant on being told what to do, the ideal candidate will seek advice from numerous learning platforms as well as colleagues.
- Participation in the development of and/or review of standards, documentation and methods of working in the technical services team.
- Product set up within our various internal and external systems.
- 1st Line of support for maintenance of existing systems.
- Analysing and supporting the development of improvements to org's current processes and operational infrastructure.
- Updating 3rd party sourcing systems.
- Running Management Information Reports and conducting ongoing changes.
- Testing of new developments and changes within; Phoebus (our internal processing system), our web applications and our Internal systems.
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only as a broad outline of the duties required. This job description may be amended as necessary.
A Technical specialist who has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong interpersonal skills a good communicator who can work well with colleagues and 3rd parties to solve technical-related problems quickly and efficiently.
Skills & Experience
- Experienced in a 1st line support role
- Quality focused with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Logical thinking and the ability to produce imaginative solutions to process or procedural problems
- Adaptable and resilient to changing needs and priorities
- Highly self-motivated and self-starting ability
- Strong analytical and technical communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Financial services background/knowledge
- Educated to NVQ/A-level or equivalent
- Min grade C in Mathematics (or equivalent)