DELIVERY MANAGER (TECHNICAL)
Benefits and Headlines
- Leeds - State of the art offices with free parking!
- Salary £65,000
- + 10% bonus
- 3% benefits
- Gym on site
- Picnic area
- Local world deli’s for lunch
- Break out areas
- Strong career path within a company that invests in I.T/Development oftechnology operations
- Flexible benefits that you can cash for salary
- Cycle to Work
- Dental insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Retail discounts
- Excellent coaching and training
Working for a major, technology led organisation that facilitates in the management and control of financial information for their end clients; with the sole purpose of behavioural reporting, statistical analysis, management of third party information and finally successful financial delivery.
The Technical Delivery Manager will be responsible for the control and delivery of IT
programmes of work as part of the groups continuous improvement plan, stakeholder
liaison, including pre-business case consultation, design, and solution analysis, cross
functional development and systems integration projects.
You will be responsible for the delivery of the high level business case, project leadership,
management, quality, and timely delivery of the project.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Third party supplier delivery of application remediation and migration
- Co-ordination and control of third party supplier delivery of WAN, LAN and telephonyplatforms
- 3rd party hosted solutions
- Desktop design and delivery as part of any location change
- Integration of services across pan European group businesses
- Assists the Design and Delivery Manager in providing technical direction for delivery and integration of major technical projects from definition phase through implementation to final delivery into the production environment
- Solution Development and Delivery
- Applies significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve delivery ofnew services to our customers.
- Recognizes system deficiencies during the delivery process and liaises with technical SME’s to implement effective solutions.
Technical Effort Management
- Creates and executes design and delivery plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Ensures that responsible project resources are informed of the status of delivery effort owning and directing activities between technical, business staff and business change project management.
- Ensures technical teams are contributing to the process and standards library and the production of the solution’s Technical Architecture Documentation
- Owns the delivery lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout the project.
- Communicates and enforces standards
- Performs design reviews and mentors members of the virtual team.
- Manages technical resources within budget and project schedule.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our customers
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Manages the development of the team by ensuring that project tasks are in line with eachInnovator’s career interests when possible.
- Inspires co-workers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Operates both at company and group level, providing consultancy and direction to internaland external resources.
Customer / Stakeholder Management
- Manages customer interaction and expectations regarding delivery effort.
- Develops strong relationships with stakeholders and customers.
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternativetechnical solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
EXPERIENCE: Technical Expertise
• Good technical understanding of IT technologies across:
o Microsoft operating systems and application stacks e.g. server 2008/2012/2016, SQL
databases, MS exchange email.
- Has worked in a pressured environment managing teams from internal and external parties.
- Delivered complex and multi work stream IT technical projects
- Has experience of working at group level
- Can demonstrate excellent delivery standards
- Can direct team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project delivery teams
- Can keep technical and stakeholder teams well informed of changes within the organizationand general corporate news.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- ITIL V3 Foundation level
- Higher Education qualification in IT/Management or work based experience
• Ideally holds a Project delivery qualification (Prince2)
- Excellent interpersonal communication at all levels.
- Strong prioritisation and time management skills
- Technical knowledge across a broad spectrum of IT technologies
- Ability to prepare good quality written documentation.
- Highly motivated, career orientated and able to approach challenging situations in a calm,logical and methodical manner.