Job title: Systems Manager
Location: Merseyside / North West
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
- 6% Employer pension contribution
- 25 days leave + 8 bank holidays
- Fully subsidised canteen – free meal per person per day.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in service cover (3x annual salary)
- Length of Service awards
- Non-guaranteed performance bonus (2 weeks’ pay – end of year)
- Yearly voluntary medical and/or flu jabs
- Monthly wellbeing menu (not during COVID)
- Branded water bottles
- Free parking
Education: Ideally degree educated but commercial experience is first and foremost
Qualifications: Any around SIMS or LIMS systems
Experience Requirements: 5 years
Industry: Industrial Services
Responsibilities: Managing a small team of developers and sys admin to keep the smooth running and constant updating of the Business Systems for this Global organisation.
Skills: IT management, people management, business systems management
The Systems Manager is responsible for managing the Systems for a specific division. This includes application development, deployments, governance, support, and staff.
In this role, you will be the primary interface between the business operations and software development staff, with a key emphasis on planning, owning and communicating progress, training, and working with operations to facilitate testing of each ‘solution’. You will work with the stakeholders to gather and understand the business requirements and obtain clarity and alignment on the priorities and timelines. You will work with developers to ensure they have clarity on requirements and priorities. You will ensure processes and practices are in place to efficiently and effectively document and manage deliver the requirements.
This role is also responsible for providing support to the local IT manager with IT infrastructure including networks, security, related hardware/software, and supporting staff.
- Work with business stakeholders to acquire and translate diverse requirements into clear technical and development specifications.
- Manage and support the development and implementation of new application feature, functions, and associated software tools.
- Provide coaching to staff in the areas of expertise.
- Collaborate closely with the local IT Manager.
- Promote sharing of ideas, projects, and opportunities across global staff.
- Communicate clearly with key development resources and operations to ensure proper resourcing and planning.
- Maintain project transparency to ensure that both development and stakeholders have a clear picture of the projects and each completed gap to facilitate timely user testing.
- Liaise with business leaders in the region and globally as appropriate, to ensure business needs are being met and rollout plans are accurate and understood by all.
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all health and safety policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent project management
- Systems development experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- Ideally a background in LIMS or SIMS systems
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working in a team environment;
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication
- Demonstrated judgement, creativity, integrity and ability to problem solve.