- Industry - Professional Services
- Job Location - Leeds City Centre
- Work Hours - Core Hours
With amazing new offices and a single site brand which is held in high regard this organisation is one that you can truly place your career with complete trust. They have a commitment to continuous improvements and operate in a demanding, high service level environment.
This role will be responsible for provision, installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware, software and server infrastructure.Engage in Continuous Service Improvement of the IT service delivered through proactivity, innovation and good communication with stakeholders and colleagues.
- Perform daily systems monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system application logs and verifying completion of scheduled tasks.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up resolving any issues that occur.
- Perform regular security monitoring using vulnerability scanning tool to identify patches. Download and apply security patches and apply upgrades on a regular basis.
- Liaise with stakeholders, other teams and 3rd party suppliers to provide a technical overview on both design and review of new solutions.
- Implementation of new hardware, software and upgrades.
- Carry out regular tests as required including, test restores, DR testing and failover tests.
- You will be responsible for the implementation, migration, security, management, support, monitoring, design, and operation of the Physical and Virtual Servers at all sites.
- Assist with the identification, evaluation and specification of new technologies to identify their suitability for implementation.
- Recommend new technologies or process improvements that would support the client or create efficiencies within the firm.
- Maintain and adhere to IT Technical standards when designing new technology solutions or updating/maintaining existing systems.
- To ensure that information is handled in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures relating to information security.
- To encourage a security conscious culture within the firm, by supporting and engaging with the firm’s initiatives.
- To proactively and promptly report any concerns/issues relating to information security.
- To assist the firm in achieving its security objectives which are published in the Information Security Manual on Reach.
- Ensure compliance with the firm's standards and procedures, including any internal policies, Lexcel requirements and Code of Conduct regulations. This will involve keeping up-to-date with any amendments or upgrades to any policies, standards or procedures.
- Adhere to the firm's health and safety policies and other requirements relating to the care of the firm's equipment both in and outside of the office.
Skills / Qualifications / Education Requirements / Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years in an IT Infrastructure role.
- Server management and maintenance (e.g. in applying operating system and application updates and patches) in a Windows Server Environment.
- Experience of creating, adapting and following Best Practice procedures (such as ITIL) would be advantageous
- VMWare SRM HA and FT
- SQL Administration
- SCCM for application and patch deployment
- Able to produce detailed design documentation
- Qualys Vulnerability Scanning software
- Network management and maintenance (e.g. in installation of switches, monitoring network health etc)
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS (Non essential)
- NetApps Fundamentals
- SQL Administration MCSE or MCSA
- VMWare VCP
- MCSE or MCTS
- ITIL v3 Foundation