Education Requirements - Graduate Calibre
Industry - Charity
Job Location - York
Work Hours - Mon-Fri (9-5)
This growing organisation is looking at a number of their key business systems and hoping to improve the use and overall processes that they influence. This role is responsible for analysing and implementing information systems. The focus is primarily on business systems used by smaller teams, but the role may be required to join larger project teams in order to support core business processes. You will be a broadly experienced systems or business analyst able to turn your current or previous technical software applications experience to effect positive changes in the overall business.
Although an initial 12 month fixed term contract, the company are hoping the value seen over this period will enable a permanent sign off. It would be useful if your experience extends into taking the projects into live or implementation phase.
We are not looking for experience in all areas of the specification so if you feel able to cover a good portion of the requirement we are happy to work around your skill base.
- Manage/configure existing information systems, including:
- CRM software
- Financial software
- Utility / Time Management software
- Productivity software i.e. Office 365, including SharePoint, Word, Excel etc
- Other ICT-supported systems.
- Liaise with users to establish business requirements and roadmap for business systems.
- Liaise with third parties to progress issues and implement solutions.
- Lead small projects within the ICT function and participate in larger projects as appropriate.
- Maintain clear and accurate user and ICT documentation, including:
- Document process flows
- Develop and maintain user training/help guides.
- Train users on systems and provide second-line support to users.
- Conduct system tests and deploy upgrades and additional modules and/or functionality.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external information security requirements (e.g. Information Security Policy and Cyber Essentials Plus).
- Prepare data protection impact assessments (DPIAs) for existing and proposed systems.
- Monitor and maintain systems to ensure availability, integrity and performance.
- Produce management information reports as required for business purposes.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the ICT strategy with ICT colleagues.
- Undertake continual professional development to maintain up-to-date knowledge.
- Deputise for the ICT Infrastructure Manager or ICT Systems Manager as and when needed.
- Carry out other duties as required, fulfilling the department and organisation’s objectives.
12-month Contract Deliverables
- Review and optimise CRM deployment, develop roadmap and support/training plan.
- Participate in ICT deployment team for the replacement of the core administration system (e.g. system test and training).
- Identify opportunities for Office 365 core technologies (e.g. SharePoint, Teams, and OneDrive) and deploy in agreement with management.
Skills / Experience Requirements
- Solid knowledge of business information systems
- Demonstrable systems analysis skills including process and systems documentation
- Project management using structured approach
- Supporting non-technical users of information systems
- Good numerical and data analysis skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills, can convey complex technical topics in an understandable way
- Strong technical ICT skills and knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Office 365, including desktop tools (e.g. Excel, Word), SharePoint and OneDrive
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills
- Able to manage conflicting priorities, work to deadlines, and handle pressure
- Microsoft Certification