Headlines of the role:
Salary: £45 to 50k
Location: East Leeds, LS15
- Private health through Westfield Health
- 25 Days holiday & buy up to 5 days
- Auto enrolment pension
- 2 x Salary Death in service
- Free Will & LPA
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
Software Development Lead
If you have the experience and talent to develop and support bespoke solutions in an agile environment and to manage a growing team of talented software developers, we'd like to talk to you!
As a Software Development Leader you will use your experience leading a team of software developers to oversee the development and support of bespoke solutions for the Financial Services sector. You’ll foster collaborations and morale within a team of enthusiastic, talented and hard-working developers and be able to effectively communicate with the wider business and 3rd party suppliers. You'll be confident taking projects through the development lifecycle following current best practices, architectures and methodologies. You’ll be organised and accustomed to working in an Agile Development environment. Hands on experience with git and Team Services would be beneficial. We'd love to hear your personal success stories and lessons learned while leading a team of software developers or managing a technical project.
Development Team Manager
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week, however, hours of work will be flexible and dictated by the needs of the business, therefore it is expected that the successful applicant will work those hours necessary to successfully discharge the duties of the role.
- Management of software development projects using an agile methodology
- Delivery and support of bespoke software to the business
- Recruiting, coaching and personal development of Software Developers
- Championing technical innovation within the software development team
- Other ad-hoc duties as an when required by the business
Skills & knowledgeYou must have a proficient knowledge of fundamental .Net technologies such as C#, Visual Basic and SQL server as well as a general competence in a range of technologies, languages, data format and utilities.
- Experience in commercial software development
- Proficient knowledge of fundamental .Net technologies such as C#, Visual Basic, and SQL Server
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Experience leading a team of Software Developers
- Experience using git
- Experience using Team Services
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Microsoft certification in Visual Basic / C# and/or SQL Server