Benefits of this role
Time Given for Training and Certification - Self Management Environment - Full Ownership of the Software Estate - Great Owners offering NON Standard Benefits - Flexibility - Ability to gain exposure to new skills - Award Winning Team - Lots of Growth
Education Requirements - Graduate Calibre
Industry - Professional Services / Legal Services
Job Location - Huddersfield
Qualifications - Any MS Qualifications would be beneficial
Work Hours - 9 - 5.30
This is a thriving organisation, specialising in the full range of legal services underpinned by a background of years of ethical service delivery. The organisation are the UK’s largest independent company within their niche and are seen as the go to firm in their sector. A great place to work, they are committed to developing employees to deliver a first class service and are proud to hold the Investors in People Gold standard award.
We are seeking an application support specialist who will perform a critical role in Software Support and Service Management with responsibility to ensure stability, continuity and availability of all software and communication applications in use across the business as well as providing rapid response to incidents and escalated user queries or support requests. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation and be a part of working with software and communication applications that form of existing business workflows and new projects alike.
Working alongside a colleague with responsibility for all ICT Infrastructure and hardware, the requirements are to work collaboratively with all partners, stakeholders and colleagues to achieve the key duties associated with the role which shall include, but is not limited to:
- Maintain a broad, end-to-end technical understanding of all software applications in use across the business, being recognised as the “go to” person for incidents and ad hoc support and development requests.
- Work, train and liaise with software partners on an as needs basis to ensure the successful development and implementation of all non-infrastructure software applications.
- Manage and own the successful handover of change into the operational environment, ensuring the integrity and quality of the application for the service and process they are expected to deliver to the relevant team.
- Attain and apply the technical knowledge you have, or may gain, of our current applications to query, support and ultimately deliver any changes being requested.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the business model to be able to recommend the suitable use of all available technology to support the business achieve its aims.
- Undertake a basic Business Analyst type responsibility to help the business get the most from the in-house case management system, using your knowledge of both the system and of the business model.
- React quickly and as necessary to live software and communication errors to minimise downtime and resolve the issue(s).
- Performing any upgrades or incident resolution out of hours to avoid unnecessary disruption to business activities
- Plan, coordinate and deliver all documentation required in supporting the software and communications applications to agreed standards, on time and error free.
- Identification of business, security and compliance risks associated with all software and communication applications.
- Provide solutions, guidance and help to user problems, including common applications such as Windows, Microsoft Office suite, in-house case management system and various other in-house bespoke systems, wherever possible.
- Monitor Event Logs and ticketing systems to proactively respond to issues arising that fall under areas of support.
- Maintain an up to date schedule of works relating to any issues detected including the remedial action taken to resolve and restore and an appropriate plan to avoid any recurrence.
- Provide a visible and accessible IT support function to employees and guests.
- Support users in the use of all software and communication applications by providing necessary training and advice and promote new technologies and processes by use of seminars and knowledge guides.
- Log and respond to all support calls and provide timely updates/solutions to users and senior management.
- Liaise with outsourced partners such as case management and telecoms software suppliers and others on technical issues and project work.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
- Keep updated on new technologies.
Experience Requirements & Skills
Essential Technical Skills:
- SQL Server Management 2008/2012/2014 - in an application support env.
- Reporting and Troubleshooting Advanced Microsoft Office Support
- Mail Merge/Templates, vLookups and Pivot Tables IIS (performance tuning and security/hardening)
- Windows Workstation 7 and 10
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Basic/starter .Net/Web site development (or desire to learn) Backup Technologies and Disaster Recovery
- Especially around SQL Server and IIS
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 – AD exposure (or desire to learn basics)
- Phone System experience (preferably NEC)
- TAPI Dialler
- Sage Accounts and Payroll