Job title: Senior Test Analyst
Location: East Leeds (up to 3 days per week working from home possible)
Salary: £30,000 to £45,000 (commensurable with experience)
- Private Healthcare
- Free Parking
- Employer Contributed Pension
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Generous Bonus Scheme
- Holidays and Stat Hols
- Rural environment
Education: Ideally degree educated but commercial experience is first and foremost
Qualifications: Any industry related
Industry: Software House – Public Sector
We are looking for talented and experienced Senior Test Analysts to join one of our clients very successful and growing teams. The post offers good career opportunities with a company that has a demonstrable track record of promoting from within. The successful candidate will join the team in further developing their market leading software. The org as grown rapidly in the last 10 years to the point where the company is the market leader in the provision of specialist software services to the public sector, as well as expanding into other core market sectors. The applications are web based workflow solutions that include mobile apps and customer portals. They provide modern and intuitive user interfaces to support critical processes for both public sector professionals and the public. The successful candidate will play a vital role in testing solutions in a service area that is comparatively advanced in its use of technology.
- Real passion for testing and quality
- Flexible and creative attitude
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Innovative and self-driven with an ability to motivate others
- Good analytical skills with the ability to diagnose, report, track and resolve issues
- Provide reports/ feedback on progress throughout iterations and roadmap development cycles in accordance with implementations, roadmaps and project specification timescales.
- Advise on testing requirements in accordance with roadmaps and project specifications
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure software solutions meet specified quality and acceptance criteria
- Lead the creation of acceptance criteria alongside developers, analysts and product owners
- Perform impact assessment on proposed changes to manage test issues and risk
- Drive continuous improvement in all areas of the STLC and work collaboratively with Development and Test Leads to align processes and improvements.
- Creation and execution of Test scripts.
- Clear logging of Issues in the defect management system, inclusive of repeatable replication steps.
- Escalation of impacts and issues to relevant team members.
- Manage, mentor, train and develop test analysts to improve test practices and processes.
- Workload management for a team of test analysts
- Creation and maintenance of Test Documentation.
- Peer review team members work and provide feedback on suggested improvements
- Provide input to line manager for one to one meetings, appraisals and performance reviews
- Take Ownership of both Test Environment and Test Data creation and maintenance
- Ensuring Test Sign off prior to release and the production of Release Notes.
- Work effectively with all product team members to achieve the overall organisation goals
- Take personal responsibility for undertaking research and self-development which drives continuous improvement in the overall delivery of your job role
- Willingness to work to ISTQB (or equivalent) standards with a minimum of foundation level
Skills and Experience:
You will need at least 5+ years hands on testing experience and an excellent understanding of the full software development lifecycle and all testing phases, plus experience in the following:
- Strong understanding of testing processes, methodologies and best practices.
- Experience of software testing, at system and user levels.
- Experience of Test Planning, execution and reporting of results to stakeholders.
- Creation and maintenance of test scripts and other product related documentation
- Exposure to Automation, Security and Performance Testing
- Experience of working within an Agile Development framework (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience in the use of Test Management Software such as Test Rail
- Experience in the use of ALM Tools such as Jira and Rally.
- Experience of Test Environment management.
- Definition and implementation of Test Data Requirements.
- Experience of Team or Line Management
- Ability to organise and delegate workloads to team members
- Proven experience of the ability to communicate with business and technical personnel.
- Proven problem solving skills and is adaptable/flexible in an ever changing environment
- Testing accreditation/certification (ISTQB, ISEB)
Recommendations: If you recommend the opportunity to a friend or colleague then Interface will make a £250 referral fee payment (if we place the individual into the role). All you have to do is forward this email onto a colleague/friend; they then simply need to mention your name in their email response to Interface. See link here. https://www.interfacerecruitment.co.uk/refer-a-friend/