Heavily research and development focused state of the art technologies vendor are looking for a couple of new key members to form part of an experienced and motivated team. We are looking to recruit 2 experienced Linux based Python Developers to work alongside the team creating software and systems for the medical and research markets.
Industry - Medical R&D
Job Location - 2 Globe Road, Leeds
Work Hours - 9am - 5pm
Your responsibilities will cover all aspects of software development in many types of software components, from embedded systems through to front end GUIs.
- Work with the Senior Software Architect to plan, specify, design, document and implement the software components
- Work individually and lead teams of developers to meet the same goals.
- Guiding and mentoring junior developers to help them produce the best results.
- Work with the Lead QA to ensure that all software meets the high standard we require.
- Take a strong lead in prototyping software for new projects and products, proactively promoting new technologies.
- Attend/run daily stand-ups.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Requirements
- Extensive knowledge of Python and Linux.
- Knowledge of Linux networking and related core technologies (SSH, PXE, TCP/IP, etc).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to familiarise with new software quickly.
- Self-motivated, using initiative effectively to work on an individual basis or as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to effectively manage day to day tasks of self and junior team members.
- Demonstrable experience of software best practice, for example CI, Git, Code Review and working with QA departments.
- Education Requirements & Qualifications - Degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of Qt for developing GUIs.
- Knowledge of C and other "lower level" languages used in embedded systems.
- Experience of Docker, CI, Vagrant.
- Previously worked within an engineering or medical background.