The good news...
Our client has received a good number of coveted industry awards, being recognised as Company of the Year in 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017 & 2018, as well as (ind) Team of the Year 2015 and Marketing Campaign of the Year 2015.
- Education Requirements - ideally graduate level
- Experience Requirements - see below
- Industry - professional services
- Job Location - Huddersfield,
- Qualifications - none
- Work Hours 37.5 hours
Senior Full Stack Developer
Full Stack C#, .Net, SQL Developer / Programmer / Engineer Salary £40,000 – 45,000
About the role:
Are you a talented full stack developer looking for your next challenge? If you are passionate about working on projects from concept to delivery with a minimum of five years’ experience, then we have a great opportunity for you.
You will be responsible for maintaining and updating all web related projects and server environments as well as being involved with other technical projects as the business requires, including the development of email templates, keeping up to date with PCI compliance requirements and creation of additional bespoke landing pages as required. As part of this role, you must have a strong understanding of UX, SEO and technical requirements from Google and how this applies to both desktop users and the mobile experience.
In addition, you will support the wider digital marketing strategy by providing support on the creation of A/B testing and the implementation of test outcomes.
You will play a key part of our Digital Marketing team and will be reporting to the Online and Digital Acquisition Manager, however you will be expected to take ownership for all development projects. You must have the ability to work form concept through to deployment ensuring a mobile first approach is always used.
You will have experience and knowledge about what makes a website work and therefore will understand the importance of development for SEO, Paid Search and other digital marketing channels.
Main duties include:
- Maintaining and updating the software on our server.
- Producing a weekly maintenance log of issues and fixes and potential impacts on the business.
- Keep up to date on the latest Umbraco developments and ensure that our website environmentis always up to date with the latest patches and security fixes.
- Creation and updates to new and existing web templates – Working on both Front and Back end
- Investigate areas of technical improvements to all web assets, provide recommendations to theDigital Acquisitions Manager with timing plans and implement these recommendations once
- Work with the wider marketing teams to implement API connections to tools to aid reporting
- Investigate & troubleshoot development related website issues, communicating with widerstakeholders in terms of maintenance changes and updates.
• Support the Online and Digital Acquisition Manager with projects to improve the site through implementation of new features and functionality as well as having input to larger website projects.
Key qualifications and attributes of candidates include:
- Umbraco Qualified
- Experience in:
o API development including ASP.net Core
- A strong understanding of the full development lifecycle
- Prioritisation of personal workload to meet business needs
- Eager to learn and willingness to continually improve
- Strong understanding and experience of responsive design and mobile-first.
- Self-starter and confident at interpreting briefs.
- Ability to take direction and constructive feedback from senior members of the team.
- Highly organized and able to deliver within accurate timescales.
- Worked to achieve and exceed specific targets and KPIs.
- Experience of working in a KPI driven environment with clear evidence of how you haveachieved and exceeded goals and targets.
A thriving organisation, specialising in the full range of pro services underpinned by our background gained in personal injury and clinical and medical negligence law.
We are committed to developing our team to deliver a first-class service to our customers. Not only do we work hard, we also offer a great place to work, with dress-down days each month and regular breakfast mornings - we ensure there is a balance between hard work and fun. Teamwork is important to us, and we offer days and meals out as a company to help to create this bond.
We are the UK’s largest independent org in our sector. With a justified reputation for quality, our ethical practices have seen us attract a panel of over 50 companies in a specialist sector containing many of the country’s organisations. We have a clear vision to be the UK’s number one services provider.
- Healthcare - We offer AXA PPP medical health cover upon completion of probation.
- Childcare vouchers - We run a salary sacrifice scheme where you can buy childcare vouchers and save money on tax.
- Staff discount scheme - Perkbox offers a range of free and discounted services.
- Workplace pension - We offer the Government workplace pension scheme to all our employees.
- Social events - Dress-down days, quizzes, nights out and charity fundraisers are all part of our social calendar.
Staff Perks - Our staff members enjoy a fully stocked 'treat' cupboard. This often includes cake and biscuits, healthy snacks.