Brand Marketing Analyst / Manager
Responsible to: Director of Business Development
Responsible for: Marketing and Corporate Partnerships Team
Salary Band: Band E - up to £40k
Hours: 37 hours per week
Basis: 2 to 3 day per 2 week period in office only
A national charity representing children’s services across the UK.
Main purpose of the job
To be responsible for the voice of the brand both on and offline. To inspire and lead the Marketing and Corporate Partnerships team and colleagues across the org to further raise the charity's profile, widen reach across all audiences and achieve membership and organisational growth. To be responsible for the innovation and improvement of communications and marketing activity and utilisation of our multichannel marketing opportunities to generate income. With a strategic approach and an in-depth understanding of digital media, marketing and relationship management, the post holder will report to and work closely with our Director of Business Development.
- Develop and manage the brand and position the organisation’s marketing for membership growth, increased brand awareness and self-sustainability
- Attend Senior Management Team and Board meetings (where necessary) to set the marketing strategy for the organisation in order to achieve organisational objectives and commercial income targets
- Create and oversee innovative marketing campaigns that meet and/or exceed the needs of the campaign manager/client, work closely with them, tracking effectiveness of the campaign and reporting findings to both the client and the marketing team for analysis
- Develop and maintain a multichannel marketing plan comprising a series of offline and online activities with associated communication protocols for use across the organisation and ensure compliance
- Ensure the overall quality of all marketing proposals, plans and delivery and ensure that all complaints (regarding our brand marketing or partners and/or advertisers) are responded to in a timely and professional manner; and acted upon where necessary
- Manage the design and production of promotional materials, such as websites, magazine and bulletins, etc.; and write and deliver content and social media plans
- Work with the Membership Services Manager to ensure an integrated approach to product marketing that enables the achievement of product and services sales targets
- Lead and oversee the development and delivery of Annual Conference and Awards, working closely with the Events Team
- Develop and undertake customer and competitor marketing research, gather and utilise the intelligence to develop strategies, tactics and inform product development
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of stakeholder perspectives through regular engagement
- Lead on and support the Relationship Manager to source and engage new corporate partners and advertisers whose business aims meet the needs of members and are consistent with policy
- Achieve an annual income generation target through presenting a broad range of multichannel marketing opportunities to commercial suppliers
- Lead on partnership strategy and ensure contracts with corporate partners, commercial activity and delivery of projects the org protect. Meet our legal obligations and maximise financial and non-financial return .
- Work closely with the membership and policy teams to develop new and innovative marketing ideas in line with our brand marketing
- Procure and manage the work of third-party agencies where necessary, ensuring best value
- Manage the performance of the marketing and corporate partnerships team and work effectively across teams and departments to ensure targets and KPIs are achieved
- Prepare and manage the marketing budget, ensuring robust and proactive financial management and return on investment
- Represent at external events and meetings as appropriate, proactively seeking out and engaging in networking opportunities to the benefit of the org
- Oversee the organisation’s attendance at events, such as trade shows and conferences
- Any other duties reasonably requested by line management and commensurate with the post.
In carrying out the duties and responsibilities set out within the job description and in the context of developing working relationships with others, the post holder will be expected to demonstrate commitment to and comply with the specific requirements and the spirit of the Co’s Equal Opportunities Policy. The principle applies equally to all aspects of the role including any responsibilities relating to the provision and development of services.