MI & Reporting Analyst
Education Requirements - Graduate Calibre
Industry - Professional Services / Financial Services
Job Location -423 Kirkstall Road - Leeds - LS4 2EW
Work Hours - 9:00 to 5:00
PURPOSE & CONTEXT
MI & Reporting Analyst is a critical role within the business. Reporting to the MI & Reporting Coordinator, MI & Reporting Analyst provides and acts as key enabling function of Operations Strategy. Management information is at the heart of all data analytics and it is the core responsibility of MI & Reporting Analyst.
The role holder’s main responsibility will be the creation and the maintenance of reports. The reports are automated using Microsoft Excel, VBA & Visual Studio the successful candidate will have experience and working knowledge of this software combined with Microsoft SQL. Additionally the candidate will be expected to analyse portfolio performance, identify key trends and report upon those findings.
You will be required to work on your own initiatives but more importantly part of a successful team. The ability to interact with colleagues and stakeholders at various levels is essential to ensure accurate report specifications have been understood and delivered.
Covering many aspects of the business operation the reports will be viewed by both internal and external stakeholders, therefore the role requires significant attention to detail and management of big data sets within an ever changing data environment, making this a very critical role within the business.
Skills & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for documentation, maintenance and production of end to end MI
- Attention to detail - Updating, producing and checking for accuracy all existing data reports external (Clients) consumption. Adhering to submission of reports as specified by the clients.
- Work with operational colleagues, to review and report trends and potential issues identified in management information that have a direct impact on business objectives and ensure changes in collections strategy does not leave any unidentified gaps in the process (portfolio and process tracking capabilities).
- Production of Operational MI in a simple and user friendly format via the production of business MI dashboards (SSRS).
- Work with reporting and IT colleagues to share best practice and fully utilise the functionality and reporting capabilities of the organisation.
- Development and Maintenance of change control database for tracking changes across all MI reporting process.
- Significant ad hoc production of analysis and bespoke MI is required as a part of the role, mainly driven by strategy changes and client requirements.
- In addition to producing MI, significant analysis of the MI is required ensuring information is presented in an easily read and understood format.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of the finance industry ideal but not essential
- Excellent data sourcing and manipulation skills with advanced proficiency in SQL, VBA programming, SSIS, SSRS.
- Understanding of P&L drivers from MI perspective in a credit environment and specifically within Collections & Recoveries.
- Analytical clear thinking mindset with the ability to understand data from multiple sources and to draw conclusions facilitating change and continuous improvement objectives.
- Ability to deal with multiple areas of work and competing priorities.
- Confident data driven decision making capabilities.
- Track record of being results orientated with a view to meet and exceeds business appetite for Analysis and MI.
- Experience of working cross-functionally with all management levels.
- Demonstrate confidence in presenting constructive feedback and challenges at Team Leader and Management level.
- Excellent communication skills with target audience alignment of the messages.
- Highly numerate with a graduate degree or relevant experience and a good understanding of advanced analytical techniques.
- A self-starter, with the ability to communicate effectively and build working relationships both within the team and wider group.
- Logical and practical approach to problem solving and resolution.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Target and results driven.
- ‘Can do attitude’ within a fast paced and continuously changing environment.
- Flexibility in working hours to meet business requirements.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet targets in a fast paced and conflicting priorities environment.
- Confident decision maker with demonstrable negotiation skills.
- Leading by example, motivating and influencing continuous data driven and logical change mind-set.
This job requires extensive cross-functional engagement and relationships. Highlighted below are some of the key relationships and the MI & Reporting Analyst is expected to maintain strong working relationship across all the functions.
- MI & Analytics Manager.
- Client Relation Managers.
- Collections Team Leaders.
- Collections Managers.
- Head of Collections.
- Head of IT.