Job title: Product Owner (Hands on software development leader)
Location: Home Based - Occasional UK Wide travel
Salary: £50,000 - £70,000 (commensurable with experience)
- Bonus Scheme
- 30-35 days holidays
- Employer Contributed Pension
- Life assurance / life cover
- Massively discounted holidays
- Free Leisure Club Membership
- Subsidised Food
- Subsidised wellbeing and spa sessions
- High street vouchers
- Monthly / Yearly employee awards
Education: Of Graduate calibre
Qualifications: Any industry related
Industry: Service Sector
A dynamic, driven and fun working environment awaits you. You will be doing a broad and autonomous role. You will have the scope and flexibility to do the right thing and make a real impact, tolerance for experimentation and finding new ways to do things and the opportunity and space to stretch and develop your career in a variety of directions that would not be possible in a ‘traditional' corporate technology role.
Following the recent appointment of a new CTO, we are seeking to completely transform the technology and digital capability, creating innovative new systems.
We are looking for a Product Owner - who will help identify, scope, prioritise and then work cross-functionally within the business and with third party vendors to deliver a portfolio of customer facing digital products to improve customer experience.
As a small, agile, and aspirational business, the successful candidate will be expected to operate in a ‘start-up’ mindset, focussing exclusively on the early delivery of working software and subsequent rapid improvements and iterations.
This is a genuine product owner role with full end to end accountability for making and running customer-facing digital products, involving an exciting and rare blend of hands-on delivery, project management, research and commercial acumen.
- Recruit and lead a high calibre, full stack development team to create and continuously develop customer-facing digital products, specifically (but not limited to):
- Customer app to enhance customer experience (including digital keys to access sites) Owner management system (this currently exists as a web app)
- Booking front end
- Potential to develop additional startup products
- Create, prioritise, and manage the product backlog(s), ensuring that customer benefit is delivered as quickly as possible.
- Make sure that every pound of investment is invested wisely by ensuring that we build the right features in the right way – using data-led processes of exploration, experimentation, prototyping and pretotying to change fast and fail early.
- Ensure that the team is engaged in the products they’re building and that they’re well-fed with high quality stories and acceptance criteria.
- Conduct research, run multi-variate tests, test prototypes and/or engage in ‘pretotyping’ experiments to inform the product roadmap
- Set up and manage agile development practices (ideally based on a Scrum-like model) for the team and run / participate in key ceremonies (refinement, stand-ups, demo’s, retrospectives). Implement measures to help the team understand and improve their performance.
- Work with the team, CTO and Head of Product Development to make strategic technology choices
- Recruit and manage one (or eventually more) UX/UI designer(s) and ensure that design artefacts are created in a sustainable fashion (e.g. as reusable component libraries)
- Work with the Head of Product Development and CTO to ensure that the products we deliver can be sold (either on a SaaS or PaaS) basis to third parties.
- Clearly communicate the vision, goals and key features for products to business stakeholders (up to CxO level).
- Work with stakeholders across the business to ensure that the products created are understood and operationally accepted.
- Work with agencies, vendors, customers and stakeholders to ensure that initiatives deliver a great end-user experience
- Manage existing vendors and source new vendors to support the delivery of initiatives
- Act as point of escalation for serious in-life faults and training
Skills and Experience:
- Practical experience with agile delivery methodologies (Kanban, Scrum) [Essential]
- Proven use of structured analysis methods [Essential]
- Good working knowledge of interaction design principles, UX design and graphic design (note, does not need to be “hands on” but must be able to tell good from bad and constructively critique – including the creation and management of design systems / component libraries) [Essential]
- Good working knowledge of one or more modern technology stacks, ideally MERN or Microsoft/React. Again, does not need to be “hands on” but practical experience would be a distinct advantage. [Essential]
- Commercially literate [Essential]
- Numerate and familiar with the use of analysis tools, e.g. Google Analytics, ClickTale, PowerBI is essential. Basic SQL and data manipulation using some form of programming language (e.g. Python/Pandas/.NET) would be an advantage.
- Good working understanding of common digital technologies [Essential]
- Involvement in all aspects of project lifecycle [Essential]
- Partner / vendor engagement and management [Essential]
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Compelling presentation skills [Essential]
- Experience as product owner, ideally in a small team or startup environment [Essential]
- CSPO qualification [Desirable]
- Knowledge of Azure / Azure Devops would be an advantage [Desirable]
- Familiarity with the capabilities of one or more modern hybrid app frameworks (React Native, Cordova, Flutter, Nativescript etc). [Desirable]
- Hands on experience is not required, however a broad understanding of test driven development and test frameworks would be an advantage. [Desirable]
- Recent experience of a B2C industry
Recommendations: If you recommend the opportunity to a friend or colleague then Interface will make a £500 referral fee payment (if we place the individual into the role). All you have to do is forward this email onto a colleague/friend; they then simply need to mention your name in their email response to Interface. See link here. https://www.interfacerecruitment.co.uk/refer-a-friend/