- Education Requirements - industry standard - degree preferred but not essential
- Experience Requirements - see below
- Industry - Technology
- Job Location - Rotherham
- Qualifications - industry standard
- Responsibilities - see below
- Skills - see below
- Work Hours - 37.5 hours
Position: Product Development - Project Manager (developer mindset)
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire [can work from home]
- 23 days holiday rising to 25 days, bank holidays in addition, with the option to buy and sell up to 5 days
- Employer pension contributions
- Death in service £100,000.00
- Private health care
- Subsidised Gym Membership or Weight Loss Club
- Mobile Phone/Tablet
- Free Fruit in the Office
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Development Project Manager to lead a team that is foremost with integrating SMART technologies. The Project is pioneering and is backed heavily by the UK Government.
The system that our client is developing hosts various services to create a network and provide data to Connected Autonomous Vehicles.
This role will need a strong analytical leader to guide the team and provide technical support to ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget.
You must have the ability to perform well in meetings with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the development of:
- the Firmware for DSRC, LiDAR, CCTV and ancillary equipment
- Create a GUI to interpret the data
- Establishment of the container structure
- Oversee the Development of the Cloud infrastructure
- Plan and Manage the deployment to field
- Manage the Change Management Process
- Be commercially responsible for the budget and procurement
- Manage a small team of Engineers
- Guide the Product from Proof of Concept to Business as Usual
- Good communication skills
- Proven leadership with small teams
- Ability to plan and manage using Agile or Prince2
- Experience with containers and related platforms such as Portainer, Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience integrating 3rd party software into custom cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Linux and embedded Linux operating systems such as OpenWrt
- A good working knowledge of networking protocols relevant to IoT and WiFi technologies
- Expert in MS Office Suite
The organisation are a leading provider of Technology, Civil Engineering, Design, innovations and telecommunications services. They have aligned themselves to changing markets and Technological advancements to maintain their growth and sustainability within the sector.
As well as providing a competitive salary and benefits package, the Co actively runs a number of reward and recognition awards as part of our passion to provide a supportive working environment.
You will be filling a vital role in a multi-disciplinary department where your work ethic and skill set will be exploited to the fullest. We will endeavour to impart our knowledge and experience to encourage your development in a direction that suits you.
Applying for the Role
We would like to thank you for your application, however due to the high volume of candidates applying; unfortunately, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Interface has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK, therefore successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK by the start of their employment. We will ask for a copy of your Passport/ I.D before we organise any interviews with our client. Acceptable documents can be found by following this link https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/evidnece-support-your-right-to-work-uk