- Education Requirements: None specified
- Experience Requirements: 3 plus years within a PMO role
- Industry: Financial services/investments (relaxed environment)
- Job Location: Leeds, LS1
- Work Hours: 37.5 hours
- 30 days leave + Bank holidays (from day 1)
- Employee Pension – 5% employee, 10% employer
Role Title: PMO Lead
Purpose of the role: Role: To ensure the change programmes of work are effectively managed and delivered in a repeatable and standardised way, and governance and process are adhered to. Ensure key reporting metrics are produced and reported to ensure the effective running of the Change Programme.
About: The ICT & Change function is defined as having several key operational functions within the Operational executive. The ICT & Change function is responsible for providing ICT service provision, procurement services, programme and project management delivery, property services, and operational resilience services. The ICT function is responsible for the management of the ICT Managed Service contract including user support, system development and delivery, corporate ICT infrastructure, information management, ICT training and information security. The procurement function provides oversight of the procurement lifecycle by supporting contract managers to deliver effective external contracted services. The programme office and project management function provide effective management of project delivery, ensuring agreed methodologies and governance are applied to projects, business analysis provision, and project delivery disciplines are adhered to throughout the project lifecycle. Operational resilience ensures the business has effective and robust controls and provision in place to manage its business resilience including disaster recovery, business continuity, cyber security, information security and the management of ICT material outsourcing.
Function: ICT & Change Direct
- Provide effective leadership throughout your area of responsibility, living values at all times to maximise colleague experience and organisation performance.
- Effectively carry out required people manager activities for all direct reporting colleagues in line with organisation policies and practices, i.e. coaching, 121s, performance reviews, absence management.
Project Portfolio Pipeline:
- Manage the process by which new projects are identified, scored, prioritised and taken through governance, ensuring that basic mandate content has been obtained and completed.
- Review initial business requirements, using key stakeholder input as required.
- Ensure that project alignment to the organisations vision and strategy is clearly documented.
- Ensure that Programme/ Project key metrics and their status are updated and maintained through the Programme Governance channels so management can quickly identify progress and issues.
- Update and maintain the Programme CARDI
- Update and maintain the corporate change programme plan
- Maintain the Lessons Learned Log, and co-ordinate the implementation of any PMO improvements that are identified.
- Manage, weekly & monthly reporting and produce governance packs for Corporate Development Committee
- Produce and issue meeting minutes and follow through on actions outstanding
Process & Procedures:
- Ensure PMO Business and Target Operating Model processes and procedures, project documentation and programme governance are updated as needed to ensure the procedures adopted and maintained are best serving the organisation.
- Identify risks in own area of responsibility, recognise risks in all areas of the business and notify any such risks to your People Manager and the Business Assurance Manager
Change Management Toolkit, Contracts Log and Procurement Registers and Portals:
- Ensure that the Project Management Toolkit is maintained and updated as needed to keep pace with the organisational needs
- Ensure that the procurement register, log and portal is updated and maintained, and the business informed of key diary dates that need to be scheduled for renewals
- Ensure that the PMO Electronic Document Management Programme Folders (SharePoint) are appropriately structured, utilised and governed.
- The PMO function is responsible for ensuring that projects are monitored post implementation to report on the business benefits they set out to achieve.
Person Specification / Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of PMO and project methodologies
- Knowledge of MS365 tools including MS Project and MS Visio.
- Ability to effectively lead, manage and develop reporting colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective presentation Skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Effective planning, organisational and analytical skills
- Ability to create a culture of managing to deadlines while ensuring quality of outputs
- Problem solving and decision-making capability
- Self-starter and delivery focused
- Ability to work autonomously Effective IT skills required for the job role
- Ability to deliver business systems training
- High levels of integrity and trustworthiness
Recommendations: If you recommend the opportunity to a friend or colleague then Interface will make a £350 referral fee payment (if we place the individual into the role). All you have to do is forward this email onto a colleague/friend; they then simply need to mention your name in their email response to Interface.