- Knowledge of PMO and project methodologies
- Knowledge of MS365 tools including MS Project and MS Visio
- Effective organisational skills
- Presentation Skills
- Effective IT skills required for the job role
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at a project level.
- Strong, creative problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and delivery focused
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to deliver training
- High levels of integrity and trustworthiness
Purpose of the role:
To provide effective and co-ordinated support within the Programme Management Office, ensuring a consistent, scalable, and standardised delivery of projects to agreed business methodologies, while supporting both project and functional leads to deliver timely milestones. Produce key project reporting metrics to contribute to the effective running of the change programme.
About: The ICT & Change function is defined as having several key operational functions within the Operational executive. The ICT & Change function is responsible for providing ICT service provision, procurement services, programme and project management delivery, property services, and operational resilience services. The ICT function is responsible for the management of the ICT Managed Service contract including user support, system development and delivery, corporate ICT infrastructure, information management, ICT training and information security. The procurement function provides oversight of the procurement lifecycle by supporting contract managers to deliver effective external contracted services. The programme office and project management function provide effective management of project delivery, ensuring agreed methodologies and governance are applied to projects, business analysis provision, and project delivery disciplines are adhered to throughout the project lifecycle. Operational resilience ensures the business has effective and robust controls and provision in place to manage its business resilience including disaster recovery, business continuity, cyber security, information security and the management of ICT material outsourcing.
- Provide PMO analysis and support to agreed change projects, ensuring projects are delivered within the agreed methodologies, and stakeholders undertake and deliver to agreed roles and responsibilities.
- Produce key metrics for projects and ensure that the project status is updated and maintained through the project governance channels so stakeholders can quickly identify progress and issues.
- Update and maintain the project CARDI
- Produce weekly & monthly reporting for the governance committees on specific projects and contribute to the governance packs for Corporate Investment and Development Committees
- Produce and issue meeting action minutes and follow through on actions outstanding
Process & Procedures:
- Ensure Project Management methodologies are adhered to throughout the project lifecycles, reporting into the Programme Office at agreed intervals.
- Work with project stakeholders to ensure Business and Target Operating Model processes and procedures are updated as required to ensure the procedures adopted best serve the organisation.
- Identify risks in own area of responsibility, recognise risks in all areas of the business and notify any such risks to your People Manager and the Business Assurance Manager
Change Management Toolkit, Contracts Log and Procurement Registers and Portals:
- Ensure that the Project Management Toolkit is utilised to support the organisational change projects.
- Ensure that the procurement register, log and portal is updated and maintained, and the business informed of key diary dates that need to be scheduled for renewals
- Ensure that the Electronic Document Management (SharePoint) project folders are appropriately structured, utilised and governed in one with agreed practices
The PMO Analyst is responsible for ensuring that agreed projects are monitored post implementation, reporting into the Programme Office on the business benefits and lessons learned.
- Experience of the Finance Sector
- Experience of asset management.
Other corporate knowledge – health and safety, ICT systems, information management and data protection