Job Title: Platform Engineer
- Chance to work with Cloud technology
- Big data environment
- Pioneering technology
- Truly creative / studio environment
- Leeds City location but with free parking
- Friendly team with a one for all attitude
Summary of position
The Senior Platform Engineer will be working with our consultancy and SaaS product development teams in a variety of Agile (Scrum, DSDM, Kanban) and more traditional project delivery frameworks to provide platform configuration and maintenance support across multiple B2B and B2C services. You will be keen to share your skills and experience with our development teams and promote best practice across the organisation.
The Senior Platform Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Leading the implementation of products, from conception to delivery.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of the technology landscape helping the client maintain market-leading tools and technology.
- Champion Infrastructure-as-code and automation in every aspect of the solution.
- Be prepared to operate in a hands-on development environment, using several different platforms, languages and frameworks.
- Lead definition and maintenance of best practise and standards in development, testing and support
- Share knowledge gained through consultancy and product development with the wider community, via the company blog and through community and company events.
- Mentor and pass on skills to less experienced members of staff and the wider business
- Ensure that all platforms are delivered in a secure, supportable and scalable manner and all fully documented
- Work with clients on a consultancy basis as well as the products
- Get stuff done properly, first time around;
- Make it right and only then make it fast;
- If you see something that’s broken, fix it. That includes the coffee machine.
Skills & Experience
The Senior Platform Engineer should have experience of delivering new platform configurations as well and maintaining multiple environments across different hosting providers.
In addition, the role holder should have:
- Expert in IaaS and PaaS on at least one Cloud provider and develop knowledge of the other key Cloud providers;
- Highly-scalable data processing platform design and implementation experience;
- Excellent scripting skills in one of PowerShell, Bash/Shell and Python or another appropriate language;
- Experience of moving in a fast-paced, agile environment;
- Experience of responding to aggressive, delivery-focussed objectives;
- Significant experience in AWS would be advantageous.
The Role will be based at a Leeds office. Travel to client sites may be required from time-to-time.