Title: LEAD/PRINCIPLE/SENIOR .NET DEVELOPER (4.5 day week only with flexi and wfh options)
INDUSTRY: GLOBAL MEDICAL SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS ORG - Technology that saves/supports peoples lives
- Salary: £45,000 to £55,000 + dependent on experience
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Flexible working including Fridays afternoons off
- 4.5 Day week only
- Training to MCSD and TOGAF an option
- Location: Leeds (EAST)
- You can pick and choose hardware/software
- Very strong team atmosphere
- Company nights out
- Free parking
- Fruit baskets/cakes
- Fully subsidised canteen
- Up to 9% combined pension contribution
- Private Healthcare for the employee
- Free eye tests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retails discounts
- Possibly latest windows phone - depending on level of person/hire.
- Working in a Small Team where you get exposure to all parts of lifecycle (UK Dev Team size is 8)
- Some European Travel to (Spain), (Sweden), (Germany), (Denmark) Overall Dev Team size is 25
- Working on Healthcare Products which help save lives and enhance people’s lives (you can see the value of your contribution rather than writing a program in a big Finance System)
You will work Monday - Thursday, 08.30 to 17.15 with a short day on a Friday working 08:30 to 13:00. All times can be flexible
Do you want to work in an environment that gives you flexible working and a say in the processes/strategy of the environment?
The culture is open, friendly and collaborative with an array of benefits available to all employees. And the org are commutable from Leeds, Wakefield, Pontefract, Hull, Sheffield, Barnsley and Selby to name a few.
This organisation was the first to develop monitoring/alarm systems for the needy and has continued to lead the market ever since. With a team of almost 3,000 employees operating in 17 countries across the world, the org works with health professionals and social care providers daily, to provide support to help manage long term health conditions and provide person-centred care.
The group has pioneered the use of technology to enable independent living, supporting more than five million people and their families across the world. Through our regional response centres this enables us to develop digital solutions that enhance independent living and improve efficiencies in clinical care.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the org as a principle .Net Developer. They are looking for candidates with a high level of technical expertise and are competent in using the full range of Microsoft technologies.
They are growing their teams and as such also have roles at junior, mid and senior levels; please feel free to recommend people you'd like to work with.
Your role as a principle engineer is to design, develop and deliver robust and reliable software within suite of applications that enable and support independent living.
Through your role you will use a range of technologies including .NET Core, ASP.NET MVC, Knockout JS, React, Docker, Azure, and SQL Server, however this is not limited as we strive to improve standards and best practice. We are also looking at the IoT and will pioneer new technology as the business develops.
Your key responsibilities will be to ensure software applications integrate and perform as specified in the business requirements and adopt best practices and design standards.
- Produce high quality, clean, testable and maintainable code.
- Work closely with project stakeholders e.g. Projects, Test and Business Analyst teams.
- Undertake Agile values and promote team collaboration.
- Review and discuss tasks in collaboration with other team members and senior staff.
- Contribute to innovate ideas to ensure products and services continue to evolve and to ideas on how to be more effective - e.g. active participation in sprint retrospectives.
- Perform code reviews.
- Mid/Senior Developers will mentor junior colleagues, analysing their strengths and weaknesses. Providing guidance and help to develop their skills within the team.
- Estimate effort required to complete development tasks.
- Preparation of technical documentation to ensure software applications are understood and maintainable.
- Evaluate products.
To be successful:
- A relevant degree qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Significant hands-on experience of commercial C# .NET development.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft technology Stack.
- Experience in developing web applications using ASP.NET MVC.
- Experience working with multiple teams within the product development lifecycle.
- Experience of full project lifecycle and working in Agile teams.
- Front end experience using HTML 5, CSS and jQuery.
- A full understanding of Object Oriented (OO) design.
- Knowledge of design principles (SOLID, Gang of Four etc.)
- Experience with ORMs including Entity Framework.
- Experience of SQL Server 2012 onwards and T-SQL.
- You will be a strong communicator and team player with an ability to engage with all levels.
It would be desirable or advantageous to have any of the following:
- Experience of using Agile frameworks within Azure DevOps.
- Exposure to using Azure or another cloud-based service.
- In depth knowledge of the .NET Framework & .NET Core.
- Knowledge of Git and/or TFSVC.
- Linux (Ubuntu).
- Docker (Microservice Architecture).
- Web API.
- Experience of non-relational databases.
- Experience of leading a team/Mentoring junior colleagues.
- Experience of telecommunications and/or IP communications.
- Understanding of safety critical, reliable and performance critical systems.
- Automated testing experience
- Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Jenkins
- SaaS delivery
- Microsoft Certification - MCSD App Builder
- Scrum Master experience
To apply simply reply to this advert, no cv is required at this stage and we can then organise to speak about the role