- Education Requirements - degree educated or commercial exp
- Job Location - Tower Works, Globe Road, Leeds, LS11 5QG
- Qualifications - 5 years commercial exposure
- Work Hours
MI & Reporting Analyst is a critical role within the business. Reporting to the MI & Reporting Coordinator, MI & Reporting Analyst provides and acts as key enabling function of Operations Strategy. Management information is at the heart of all data analytics and it’s the core responsibility of MI & Reporting Analyst.
The role holder’s main responsibility will be the creation and the maintenance of reports. The reports are automated using Microsoft Excel, VBA & Visual Studio the successful candidate will have experience and working knowledge of this software combined with Microsoft SQL.
You will be required to work on your own initiatives but more importantly part of a successful team. The ability to interact with colleagues and stakeholders at various levels is essential to ensure accurate report specifications have been understood and delivered.
Covering many aspects of the business operation the reports will be viewed by both internal and external stakeholders, therefore the role requires significant attention to detail and management of big data sets within an ever changing data environment, making this a very critical role within the business.
Responsibilities / Skills
• Responsible for documentation, maintenance and production of end to end MI relevant to all reporting for the company.
• Attention to detail - Updating, producing and checking for accuracy all existing data reports external (Clients) consumption. Adhering to submission of reports as specified by the clients.
• Work with strategy colleagues, to review and report trends and potential issues identified in management information that have a direct impact on business objectives.
• Work with reporting and IT colleagues to share best practice and fully utilise the functionality and reporting capabilities of the organisation.
• Development and Maintenance of change control database for tracking changes across all MI reporting process.
• Significant ad hoc production of analysis and bespoke MI is required as a part of the role, mainly driven by strategy changes and client requirements.
• In addition to producing MI, significant analysis of the MI is required ensuring information is presented in an easily read and understood format.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Experience of credit and finance industry, in a strategic MI business environment.
• Excellent data sourcing and manipulation skills with advanced proficiency in SQL, VBA programming, SSIS
• Knowledge of SSAS/SSRS desirable but not compulsory.
• Understanding of P&L drivers from MI perspective in a credit environment and specifically within Collections & Recoveries.
• Analytical clear thinking mindset with the ability to understand data from multiple sources and to draw conclusions facilitating change and continuous improvement objectives.
• Ability to deal with multiple areas of work and competing priorities.
• Confident data driven decision making capabilities.
• Track record of being results orientated with a view to meet and exceeds business appetite for Analysis and MI.
• Experience of working cross-functionally with all management levels.
• Demonstrate confidence in presenting constructive feedback and challenges at Team Leader and Management level.
• Excellent communication skills with target audience alignment of the messages.