Junior Software Tester - Leeds city centre (directly behind train station)
Benefits of working for the company:
Salary Level : up to £25,000 Depending upon experience.
Holidays: 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
Purchase Holidays: Can purchase up to another 5 days
Sell Holidays: Can sell back up to 3 days
Hours of work: 9:00am to 5:30pm working day
Flexible working: Allow staff to flex this and start between 8am and 10am and finish between 4:30pm and 18:30pm respectively. Same number of hours working.
Life Assurance: 4 x death in service benefits plus 30% income for spouse until retirement.
Income protection: 60% of income for 3 years after 6 months illness
Healthcare: Option to join Bupa scheme (paid for by employee)
Pension: We run the default auto-enrolment pension scheme 3% company, 5% employee.
Schemes: Various other cycle to work, childcare vouchers etc.
A Junior Software Tester is needed as a permanent role reporting to the IT Service Delivery Manager.
This is a new role within the company and will aid the development team on a day-to-day basis with development of new systems utilising the latest technologies.
- Working closely with developers during sprints to test each feature addition precisely to eliminate any potential issues at the development stage
- Managing, planning and preparing test in a repeatable format to test products at various stages of the development process
- Logging all technical issues into the Team Foundation Server for review
- Liaising with the development team to ensure all parties are aware of potential issues
- Prioritising testing effectively and taking a risk-based approach
- Attending planning meetings and assisting in providing test estimations and test planning
- Supporting production rollout
- Executing manual test scripts
- Producing release documentation
- With experience provide staff training and overview sessions.
The person should possess the following:
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm for IT and technology
- A good command of English, both spoken and written.
This role would suit an individual with exceptional organisational and personal skills from a general IT background.