Here is a new IT Technician role based in Leeds City Centre, the role has incredible benefits with the org investing in their people with training and development on a continuous basis.
They also enjoy a great, fun working environment with many staff having worked in the company for decades.
Simply submit a copy of your CV or reply to this advert labelling your interest
- Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Employment type: Permanent
- Hours: Full Time
- Salary up to £24000
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Option to buy up to 5 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- 15 days company sick pay in a rolling 12 months after probation
- Full time hours are 35 per week with a one hour unpaid break for lunch
- Operating hours are Monday 8.00am to 8.00pm and Tuesday to Friday 8.00am to 6.00pm
Join us as an IT Technician and you'll be providing technical support to business users who are building better financial futures for our customers and delivering exceptional customer service.
As one of the UK’s largest law firms, we appreciate the role we play in representing the industry and our clients to deliver real commercial results, whilst preserving customer relationships. That’s why year on year we have been recognised as one of the top tier firms in the UK by leading independent legal directory, The Legal 500.
We are also part of a European based regulated business operating in five different geographies, with over 9 million customer accounts, delivering strong financial returns.
Our Purpose - building better financial futures.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation who are committed to making their service personalised and customer focused by being transparent and delivering tailored solutions for each customer. Our office is based in Leeds City Centre in a great location close to local shops and transport links.
As an IT Technician you will be working in a small team and responsible for providing 2nd line technical support to business users. You’ll be maintaining business IT systems and providing efficient IT support for desktop / server hardware, software and key business systems.
The role is highly dynamic with frequent changes in workloads and priorities. As well as being flexible with working hours and being on our call out rota, you’ll need an appreciation of the business’ values and its aim to be the market leader in volume litigation. Keeping the IT function running smoothly and providing excellent customer service are key to this objective.
Here’s the type of tasks you’ll be responsible for:
- Support the business by providing 2nd line technical support
- Administration of accounts in Active directory and Microsoft Exchange
- Liaise and work with external and internal technical contacts for incident resolution
- Support the Root Cause Analysis process for significant issues
- Proactively investigate trends in incidents
- Document known errors/fixes and process with SOPs
- Completion of monthly access management audits
- Monitoring and completing daily checks
This is the type of person we’re looking for:
- Highly motivated, proactive with a “can do” attitude.
- Having a true passion for IT and willingness to learn and immerse themselves in IT systems and processes
- Customer service focused, having the ability to understand the requirements of customers, clients and internal colleagues.
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and have the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise and respond to queries within realistic timescales
- Be accountable for quality, accuracy and security
These are the skills we are looking for:
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems
- Experience of Active directory and email administration, (Exchange Admin Center)
- Experience in supporting Desktops, laptops and printers, completing new builds
- Broad understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Basic understanding of networking and TCP/IP
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems (2008, 2012, 2016)
- RDS management and experience with virtual platforms
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- Working towards or holding of a Microsoft certification for Windows Desktop Operating System (MCSA Windows 7)
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Switch and desk patching
- VMware/virtual administration experience
What we can offer you
Apply now for a chance to craft your own career path and join our talented teams. You’ll receive fantastic training and support, and a fantastic working environment with Monday to Friday working only!
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and we pride ourselves on rewarding success with our excellent annual bonus scheme. We also have an employee recognition scheme and our charity foundation that allows employees to nominate as many registered charities as they like to receive a donation of up to £500 each.
- note – we are an equal opportunities employer and authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Financial Conduct Authority - we will conduct credit, fraud, criminal record and 5-year reference checks as part of our pre-employment screening.