IT Support Manager and Projects Manager
We have an opening in our IT Support department for an IT Support Manager that will manage a team of 1st and 2nd line level technicians but also be heavily involved in periodic IT Projects.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 5 years’ experience in IT Support\Helpdesk with solid Customer Service experience and preferably be Microsoft certified; coupled with this you will have managed ICT projects.
To be considered you must:-
- Have a full UK driving licence.
- To provide technical support management; and manage service levels when answering support queries either onsite or via phone or email.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries.
- To take ownership of user problems via the management of your team
- To manage the process of logging all calls on the call logging system and maintain full documentation.
- Help your team respond to enquiries from clients and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
- Manage the support of users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- Work as part of the IT Support Management team and any other operational/project teams as requested by the IT Director
- Manage workloads and notify the IT Director when KPI/Targets are going to be breached.
- Raise any security concerns to the IT Director
- Manage reports and logs in line with departmental policy.
- Obtain quotes and process orders in line with departmental policy.
- Manage the set up and configuration of new laptops and desktops.
- Manage the installation of authorised software to laptops and desktops.
- Manage the configuration/maintenance of computer systems, networks and peripherals as instructed.
- If required undertake trips to other sites/data centres, including staying overnight where appropriate (and maintain a valid UK driving licence).
- Any other duties as requested by the IT Dir inc GDPR and process improvement inc incidents, risks.
- Keep abreast of IT Trends and engage with IT Director to develop personal development plans for the team
The below skills would be beneficial to the role.
- Active Directory user and computer administration
- Windows desktop administration
- Windows Server administration
- O365 administration
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Proven experience working within IT service delivery management including IT Project Management and the ability to work at board level.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent ability to transfer knowledge within a team
- General Network administration and troubleshooting