IT Solutions Lead
Permanent (full time)
£45,000 to £50,000 dependent on experience
Company laptop & private health insurance plus complete autonomy to run the UK operation and grow a team
Derby – nr East Midlands airport
ESTIMATED START DATE: Negotiable in line with notice period
Our client is seeking an experienced IT Solutions Lead to support the growth and drive Business & IT solutions leadership within the UK team. The role will oversee key functions within the UK Business enabling the delivery of high quality IT services & solutions.
The role is responsible for a well maintained and secure enterprise computing environments, is a hands-on in support of these IT solutions and services. You will work collaboratively across the Global IT Team, for cohesive service delivery and will also build and maintain productive relationships with key business stakeholders throughout the Group.
A fast growing company dedicated to providing reputable solutions to a global client base.
They support their customers with an array of added value products and services to ensure Protection, Sustainability, Value, Compliance and Education. Other services include educational services as well as analytical support and auditing tools that provide efficiency and improved outcomes.
Further information on company specifics are available upon request / discussion where a full candidate pack will be provided.
The IT solutions Lead will report to the Global IT Management with local supervision from UK Senior Management.
Strategy & Planning
- Provide input and leadership to the UK Management and Global IT Team(s) for updates and ideas regarding technical strategy
- Establish and enforce incident resolution expectations and
- Analyze performance of staff activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future
Acquisition & Deployment
- Collaborate with other departments to identify and/or procure support software and
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of technology procurement and strategic
- Work with the Global IT Team to develop and implement suitable, scalable and customer centric business (including the ERP and ancillary)
- Provide leadership, direction and technical guidance to other UK team members and outside resources for the support of end-users in multiple
- Ensure that day-to-day operations are well organized and efficient. Plan for sufficient coverage at all times to meet end-user support responsibilities. Maintains service portfolio and catalogue, corresponding support and maintenance procedures.
- Coordinate and/or perform remote fixes, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and
- Track and analyze trends in requests and assess need for any system or process changes based on trends and make
- Management/interaction of management service providers
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field and 3-6 years equivalent work
Knowledge & Experience
- Exceptional knowledge of server and networking
- Deep-seated experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 7 -10 Apple OSX and Windows Server 2008 -2016.
- Extensive application support
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities and various network & system performance
- Desire to grow and develop as a leader of a technical support
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Willingness to conduct research into a wide range of computing
- Exceptional customer service
- Exceptional written and oral communication