- Industry - Professional Services
- Job Location - Leeds City Centre
- Work Hours - Core Hours
With amazing new offices and a single site brand which is held in high regard this organisation is one that you can truly place your career with complete trust. They have a commitment to continuous improvements and operate in a demanding, high service level environment.
This role will provide high level support to the client ensuring their productivity through effective use of the Firms IT systems. The role holder will deliver an excellent client service experience and to continually improve the quality of the service delivered through proactivity, good communication, technical skill and organisation. Although a fixed term position the hope is that this position will become permanent as the business settles after a period of change.
Apart from technical skills, excellent client service skills, proactivity, good communication, flexibility and a team oriented approach are important aspects of this role.
- Take and record calls (incidents and service requests) on the IT service desk system, ensuring that all client contact and updates are recorded.
- Investigate, monitor and resolve any incidents/service requests assigned to you.
- Liaise with our internal and external clients, IT support personnel and external suppliers to resolve incidents.
- Keep the Service Desk application and colleagues updated with the status of incidents.
- Chase overdue incidents.
- Liaise with the Line Managers to identify, diagnose and resolve problems impacting the IT environment.
- Application delivery, Patching and Anti-Virus
- Virus check removable media as and when required.
- Install software where appropriate.
- Demonstrate how to use the loan equipment on request e.g. portable PC’s, printers and projectors.
- Check loan equipment including all parts and consumables in and out.
- Ensure visibility on the internal client floors on a regular basis with a view to developing a working relationship with internal clients in the wider practice and where appropriate walk the internal client floors to maintain that visibility and act as an ambassador for IT.
- Trend Analysis and Problem Management
- Work with a variety of Business and Technical teams to enhance service
Maintenance and Administration
- Manage and keep antivirus and other desktop security systems up to date.
- Prepare, reconfigure and distribute equipment required for new members of staff.
- Liaise with the Service Delivery Manager to keep the system up to date with starters and leavers' information.
- Remove and dispose of redundant equipment.
- Asset tag, log and where appropriate document all IT assets.
- Follow the IT software license procedure.
- Contribute and keep up to date documentation for IT Service Desk procedures.
- Contribute technical information and know-how to the IT knowledge base.
- Compliance with IT Procedures.
- Keep up to date with IT developments to improve client service.
- Take part in the rota for out of hours support as required.
- Participate in approved IT related projects as directed.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as when it is required by the firm.
- Provide assistance where necessary during system downs and emergencies.
- To ensure that information is handled in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures relating to information security.
- To encourage a security conscious culture within the firm, by supporting and engaging with the firm’s initiatives.
- To proactively and promptly report any concerns/issues relating to information security.
- To assist the firm in achieving its security objectives which are published in the Information Security Manual on Reach.
Skills / Qualifications / Education Requirements / Experience Requirements
- 1st and 2nd Line IT Support Experience
- Understand and be able to demonstrate consistent and continuous high levels of client service
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Excellent IT technical skills at the requisite level for this position
- Good communication skills and telephone manner
- Good team skills are required, particularly in communicating and supporting other team members
- Be able to organise self and work effectively
- Be able to communicate with people at all levels and technical ability
- At least 2 Years’ experience of working in an IT Service Desk environment
- Prioritising and Managing workload effectively, managing several open Incidents/Problems and mini projects simultaneously
- Be familiar with versions of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems and Applications (Office 2013 essential)
- Have experience of software installations
- Be able to virus check software and computers with a knowledge of what to look for.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with the Business and third parties
- A HNC/HND in Computing or suitable equivalent
- Accreditations in any Microsoft technology especially MCP would be useful
- Experience of desktop upgrades and/or migrations
- Experience in deploying Group Policies and Active Directory
- Skills to successfully implement a Microsoft product or technology as part of a business solution in an organisation
- Knowledge of current Anti-Virus software and the effects that viruses may have
- Experience of operating in an IT Team within a pro services firm would be beneficial