IT Manager - Manufacturing
- Education Requirements - degree or industry standard qualification preferred but not essential
- Experience Requirements - see below
- Industry - Manufacturing / Technology
- Job Location - Rotherham
- Qualifications - Industry standard
- Responsibilities - see below
- Skills - see below
- Work Hours - 35 hours
Our client, a market leader in home solutions, are looking for a European IT Manager to further build their current ICT/applications environment.
Part of a large group and established since the 1970’s, you will be working for an organisation that will offer a collaborative team environment and the chance to truly make a difference with the systems you help create.
The company have been serving customers in commercial, industrial and consumer markets throughout Asia, North America and Europe for decades. Regional offices are based in Rotherham, South Yorkshire and the group headquarters are in Asia. The group has a total of 14 offices with manufacturing sites in key markets worldwide and they work with world-class brands and consumers all over the world. It’s an exciting time to join an organisation that have invested heavily in IT, believe systems development will take them forward and now simply require the right person to lead from the front and be a champion of the cause.
Salary: £40 - 45k
35 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
25 holiday days per year (plus Public Holidays)
Up to 5% Employer pension contribution
Cash-back Health Scheme
Group Life Cover
Requirements for the role:
Degree level-educated and/or recognised certification in IT
- IT business operations
- Good working knowledge of Office 365, SharePoint, Microsoft Server 2016 Standard Edition and Microsoft Server 2012 Standard Edition and maintenance thereto
- Network troubleshooting, cabling and PC configuration
- Excellent knowledge of information security principles, including GDPR and data protection
- Background in Project Management is advantageous
- Experience supporting MAC users is desirable
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex topics in simplistic terms.
- Must be “hands-on” with a proactive approach (not reactive)
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Flexible & willingness to travel to EU Offices when required.
As IT Manager, you will operate in a standalone role and take responsibility for all IT requirements; network infrastructure, security, PC and Mobile hardware and software. You will lead all IT related projects, improvement of systems and efficiencies for departments. You will work closely with Department Heads/Managers on their requirements, scoping, implementation and training on IT projects and will be heavily involved in the company’s long-term IT strategy. Your overall objective is to deliver reliable, efficient and continuous IT operation of the business across all departments and regions.
Main Duties (but not limited to)
The job holder will do all tasks within his/her level of skill and ability and perform any other duties as may reasonably be required from time-to-time.
- To perform the job in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Research, recommend, procure and implement I.T. equipment and services
- Manage all outsourced & third-party IT services, including upgrades, building strong relationships thereto and SLAs
- Help create and support the IT strategy, policy and budget
- Ensure smooth delivery of IT projects, incident, problem and change management
- Provide day-to-day IT support to around 70 users across Europe
- Support Office 365 · Co-ordinate IT training when required
- Track all IT and telephone hardware
- Deployment and set-up of desktop/laptops & mobile devices to new & existing users (sourcing equipment, user set up/email accounts, software etc