An upper tier, fast Track 250 business that are regularly shortlisted for awards. This family
oriented / work life balance ‘flexible business’ require a senior IT Engineer to grow their
team; an engineer that is looking to move into management and is ready for that next step
As an independent organisation we believe in doing right by our people, our customers, our society and our planet.
We embrace our responsibility to deliver the best possible outcomes by making people happier in their environments, ensuring safety and compliance come as standard, enabling safe everyday life and building better communities.
As a group of expert businesses we have the ability and freedom to operate in a way that always delivers the right results for our customers. We are built on strong foundations of expertise, trust, a proven track record, and financial solidity and stability which enables us to be conscious of the impact we make.
Currently we employ over 14,000 members of staff and this number is expected to grow considerably in line with the company expansion strategy.
The main purpose of this role is to support the Head of IT in the implementation of the companies IT strategy. Working very closely with the Service Desk to ensure solutions are efficiently deployed to a large mobile user base. You will be responsible for the ongoing IT infrastructure and ensuring its availability and its resilience. A key part of this role is to ensure that the correct solutions are being delivered and adopted by the business.
Dimensions/Scope of Role:
- Manage key technical resources in delivering technical solutions
- Responsible for IT security of infrastructure and cloud services
- Assist in managing key IT suppliers
- Assist in resolving key infrastructure issues and outages
- Accountability for infrastructure services
- Support the Head of IT in delivering the agreed IT strategy
- Work with the ITSDM to ensure smooth operation of IT services
- Manage day to day running of the IT infrastructure and any outages
- Mentor Senior IT Analysts
- Support the Head of IT with IT Strategy
- Solution architecture
- Identify areas of IT infrastructure for improvement and suggest recommendations
- Provide cover for ITSM and Head of IT
- Responsible for IT infrastructure documentation
- Responsible for IT infrastructure security and breach management processes
Ability to manage indirect staff and lead small teams Good communicator
Strategic thinking Team player
Strong desire to understand and seek out new technologies
Solid project management knowledge with the ability to progress a project forward with constant hurdles
Understanding of SQL databases, backup, restorations, maintenance Strong knowledge of security practices and industry best protocols.
History of ensuring all systems are running on optimum performance with minimum downtime Management of monitoring of self-healing platform to ensure proactive incident handling
A Microsoft certification such as an MCSE or MCITP is desirable
Experience of large-scale technology rollouts in the most efficient manner
Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
Strong knowledge of physical infrastructure (LAN/WAN technologies, including switches, firewall, VPN, etc.)
Strong knowledge of cloud technology (IaaS, SaaS, AWS, Azure, etc.)
Solid technical background, with understanding and hands-on experience in implementation of solutions
Strong background in IT security and management of complimentary tools
Past history of identifying areas of improvement and implement IT strategy in line with business vision and IT strategy
Experience with the below technologies:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 1, 10
- Microsoft Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2012R2
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Office 365 Exchange
- Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP and DNS
- Network Technology VLAN and IP routing
- Wireless network technologies
- HP Storage infrastructure configuration, management and
- Security Firewalls / UTMs
- SIP/IP Telephone Systems
- Back-up technologies (Veeam preferably)
We look for people to become part of the org who share our passions and want to be part of a growing organisation with a conscience. Our culture is underpinned by our core philosophy of doing right, so it’s important that we offer progressive and supportive employment opportunities and are a company that inspires every one of our team to live and breathe this ethos supported by our other values to always seek better and always put people first.