- Salary: £40,000 +
- Education Requirements - none but degree preferred or commercial exposure
- Experience Requirements - 5 plus years
- Industry - Technology
- Location: Horsforth, Leeds
- Qualifications - none required
- Responsibilities - see below list within spec
- Skills - see below list within spec
- Work Hours 35 hours
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Servers, Active Directory, Email Platforms, Anti - Virus Systems, Networking, Networking protocols & Networking Security, VM etc
- Extensive knowledge in IP networks and multi - platform server environments.
- Experience with the maintenance of Exchange 2013, SQL Server, Symantec Enterprise Protection , Backup Exec.
- Infrastructure best practice
- Understanding of ITIL
Principal Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To support and monitor existing infrastructure, perform preventative maintenance work, backup and perform other regular support activities to ensure effectiveness and to provide cover on such tasks when required.
- To plan, manage and implement infrastructure projects and upgrades to meet company objectives
- To respond to 2nd / 3rd line Help Desk calls planned 3rd line work requests. To manage such items through to resolution or escalate them to another member of the team or the Infrastructure Manager.
- Work to ensure the security of data and IT systems and educating staff on good and secure working practices.
- Work with leaders and stakeholders within the business to ensure that the integration of newly acquired businesses such as mergers / acquisitions meet their expectations.
- To liaise with external suppliers and support agencies for the ongoing support and maintenance of relevant hardware, networks and software.
- To ensure that all work and changes are performed in such a way as to minimise all disruption to existing business use. Provide specialist knowledge and participate in change management.
- To assist in keeping track of the infrastructure assets.
- To assist in designing and documenting infrastructure processes, procedures and standards and to maintain or prepare system and software documentation as directed.
- To keep users up to date with progress and to liaise with staff in an appropriate manner. To liaise with users regarding escalated issues and to agree appropriate courses of action and priorities.
- To ensure that technology is used, managed and supported in accordance with standards, policies and procedures.
- Establish working guidelines and document processes for the design and management of the networked applications across the business.
- Work with the Global IT team and collaborate on any global initiatives and roll - outs.
- Assist in office moves and changes.
- Provisioning new systems and resolving any issues that may arise.
- Duties will vary and be revised due to the nature of the IT environment (above is a guide and not a comprehensive list of responsibilities)
- To support and monitor the internal networks and links to regional offices, other sites or the Internet, and to ensure they are configured and working correctly.
- Assist with maintaining and managing company firewalls.
- Management of the company’s wired and wireless networks including problem resolution and handling change requests.
- Management of physical security systems that fall under the IT team’s remit.
- Work with the rest of the infrastructure team to continually improve the global infrastructure to ensure it continues to meet the needs of the business.
- Regularly checking logs and servers to ensure they are properly patched and dealing with any issues.
- Testing and rolling out updates to software with a particular emphasis on security updates.
- Ensuring that adequate backups of data are kept both on and off site and that backup and restore processes are regularly tested.
Core Technical Experience:
- All round IT infrastructure specialist with at least 3 years hands - on experience in the following of hands - on, remote and telephone support.
- Excellent IP network skills including managing switches, wireless networks, routing protocols and VoIP. Cisco experience an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience of SQL Server or SharePoint, server set - up to include Windows Server 200 8 & 20 12 , Remote Desktop Services, Active Directory in a corporate environment over several implementations.
- Experience of different email systems, understanding of mail domains and delivery routing.
- Demonstrable, hands - on experience on LAN, WAN and VPN technologies, design, implementation, troubleshooting and sup port on several implementation, including HP technology.
- Experience of management of the core IT applications such as email, anti - virus , systems management, software deployment, user provision and patch management.
- Experience in managing an enterprise level email system.
- Previous experience of working in an IT project environment, with active involvement within a managed project.
- Previous experience of IT integration projects covering email environment, file access, domain membership & user migration.
- Good knowledge of IT security with strong experience working with firewalls and exposure to IDS and IPS and Windows server environments including Active Directory, DNS, file sharing protocols and web server configuration.
- Strong experience working in a virtualised environment (VMWare).
- Good knowledge of SAN technologies.
- Implementation and management of web technologies, for example IIS, .NET, SSL - VPN, token authentication, etc.
- Working knowledge of firewall and security technologies.