Headlines for the role:
- Salary: £60,000
- Location: Leeds
- Education: Ideally degree educated but not pre req
- Qualifications: Industry standard
Overall requirement & purpose:
The Principle IT Architect will be the focal point for all strategic solutions within the IT function.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Working within a global team managing and providing all levels of IT Technical solution design. The IT Architect will be skilled across the full lifecycle from inception, innovation, solutions scoping and shaping, through to project delivery and run. A significant amount of IT experience, extensive technical understanding, strong consulting, stakeholder management and leadership skills are essential.
In this role, the IT Architect engages closely with other business units to develop and execute innovative, competitive solutions / projects, leveraging a wealth of previous experience in deploying solutions, implementation, management and service.
Own the architecture of our solutions and systems, including the enterprise roadmap
Setting the standards, principles and building blocks to shape all of the IT initiatives
Ensure that the IT initiatives fit with our infrastructure, data management, service, operations and policies, advising on any required changes to these as our services develop
To provide strategic IT advice across all aspects of infrastructure & application portfolio as well as assisting in the shaping of our strategy
Be the focal point for all strategic technical aspects relating to the development of the IT services as we move to the cloud, DevOps, refresh our core business systems and develop strategic solutions
Liaise between IT and the other technology divisions and initiatives at to ensure that the IT service delivers to the whole business in an efficient and cost effective manner
Take an active role in assisting the commercial relationships with suppliers
Play an active part in capacity planning, service management, security and all other aspects of the IT service to ensure that the business continues to receive an excellent yet affordable service
Duties will vary and be revised due to the nature of the IT Support environment (above is a guide and not a comprehensive list of responsibilities)
- We expect the Chief IT architect to bring:
- Very strong presentation skills, with excellent communication capabilities, both written and verbal
- Able to lead workshops and meetings to elicit requirements and develop solutions
- Extensive experience of delivering transformation.
- Strong Enterprise Architecture experience including, Infrastructure, Applications, Data and Business domains
- Experienced at producing multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in an Enterprise & cloud environment adhering to DR, Business Continuity and availability best practice
- Understanding of Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models
- Business and technology solution design, project management, development, delivery and run.
- Systems transformation, design and implementation
- Strategically oriented, but able to lead all aspects of technical delivery