- Enterprise working knowledge and support of the Microsoft 365 environment and Admin centre (Microsoft cloud technologies, M365, AzureAD, Defender ATP, EndPoint Manager and OneDrive , etc)
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Technologies, Windows Servers (2012 & 2016) Active Directory and Group Policies
- Comprehensive Experience with VMWare, vCentre, & ESXi
- Good understanding of Storage, SAN, NAS & Backup Technologies
- All round IT infrastructure specialist with at least 3 years hands-on experience
- Basic Salary: up to circa £45,000 to £50,000
- 25 days holiday. Life insurance, health insurance, childcare vouchers, corporate gym memberships, pension plan, opportunity to buy/sell annual leave, advantage health cash-plan, Good Place to Work with team whom organise monthly socials, Christmas Party and Summer BBQ
- Location: Leeds (not central)
We are looking to recruit an IT Infrastructure Specialist to work within the IT Infrastructure team to maintain, support and develop the global IT Infrastructure supporting 7,500+ staff and 100+ locations.
This position entails support and development of the company’s global infrastructure. Key components include, servers, the wide area and local networks, Wifi, Windows desktop, unified communications and cloud (M365, Azure AD, OneDrive, Arc, EndPoint Manager and Defender ATP). Focusing on the user experience and security.
You will be required to proactively improve, optimise, converge, and develop the infrastructure with future capacity in mind, managing multiple projects and responsibilities. You will be required to provide advice and guidance on maintaining the cloud, server, network and security environments, to plan and instigate hardware and software upgrades as required, and to ensure that planned processes have been completed satisfactorily.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Monitor, support and maintain the global on-premises and cloud infrastructures
- Manage the ongoing global migration from on-premises IT infrastructure into a cloud managed environment
- Develop, manage, and implement infrastructure projects to deliver business wide initiatives
- Respond to 2nd / 3rd line Help Desk calls and manage such items through to resolution and other regular support activities and provide technical cover and mentoring
- Perform regular preventative maintenance checks, check logs and servers to ensure they are properly patched and implement corrective actions to resolve any issues
- Manage the security and integrity of data and IT systems. Educating staff on good working practices
- Management of external suppliers and support agencies for the ongoing support and maintenance of the global infrastructure environment
- Take ownership to ensure that all work and changes are performed in such a way as to minimise all disruption to existing business use
- Be proactive in designing and documenting infrastructure processes, procedures, and standards and to maintain or prepare system and software documentation as directed
- To ensure that technology is used, managed, and supported in accordance with standards, policies, and procedures
- Establish working guidelines and document processes for the design and management of the networked applications across the business
- Work with the Global IT team and collaborate on any global initiatives and rollouts
- Manage the technical aspects of office moves and changes
- Testing and rolling out updates to software with a particular emphasis on security updates.
- Ensuring that adequate backups of data are kept both on and off site and that backup and restore processes are regularly tested.
Duties will vary and be revised due to the nature of the IT environment (above is a guide and not a comprehensive list of responsibilities)
- Hands-on experience of installing, supporting and managing NetApp Storage solutions
- Extensive knowledge of IP, WAN, LAN (HP servers & Switches) & Wifi Networking, specifically Aruba
- Experience of Druva Cloud, Veritas Backup Exec and Veeam Backup technologies
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft EndPoint Management solutions (Defender, InTune,) etc.
- Implementation and management of Active Directory/Group Policy management within a corporate environment
- Management of Zabbix & SolarWinds Patch Manager
- Previous experience of working in an IT project environment, with active involvement within a managed project
- Implementation and management of web technologies, for example IIS, .NET, SSL-VPN, token authentication, etc
- Previous experience of IT integration projects covering email environment, file access, domain membership & user migration
- Demonstrable experience of SQL server or SharePoint server set-up to include Windows Server 2012 & 2016
- Good working knowledge of firewall and security technologies.
- Understanding of ITIL / ISO27001
Core Behavioural Skills:
- Confident individual with good interpersonal skills, able to deal with people at all levels and communicate to users in a clear, non-technical language.
- Analytically minded, able to break down and understand information
- Must be comfortable with working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Strongly customer-focused, used to providing support to demanding user
- Good organisational skills, used to managing and prioritising own workload
- Ability to report on progress, timescales, outstanding and completed activities