Job title: IT / Systems Manager
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000
Benefits: 28 days holiday plus all bank holidays, 10% bonus, x3 life, critical & income protection, flexi-time around 38 hours contract, Pension 9% matched
Education: Ideally degree educated but commercial experience is first and foremost
Qualifications: Any NetApp/Data or storage qualifications. Any Virtualised / VMWare qualifications
Experience Requirements: 5 years minimum working as an IT Leader of people and platforms
Responsibilities: To manage a small IT Team of 4 people plus the IT and business systems of a large manufacturing group
Skills: IT management, people management, business systems management
The Information Systems Manager will advise the organisation on IT and Business Systems solutions that will best help the group grow and perform more efficiently.
• Develop requirements, outlines, budgets and schedulers for information technology projects • Oversee all phases of project from conception to completion
• Assist with upgrading information security
• Manage team of staff, consultants, programmers, developers and analysts, from an IT perspective
• Ensure projects are completed within budget and on time
• Follow PMI standards to manage projects through the life cycles of initiation, planning, execution and closure
• Develop work-breakdown structures
• Develop project tracking and variance reports IT and Business Systems Manager
Good knowledge of Data Centres, Vmware, Veeam, Cisco UCS, Microsoft basics (DC, Fileserver, O365), Network Cisco o Switches, WiFi, ISE, DNA Assurance, SDA (in draft), Database SQL, Access,
Advantageous: AS400 knowledge (implementation, maintenance….)
Desirable - INFOR / M3 Knowledge
General knowledge -
• Understanding of complex information and requirements
• Good prioritisation skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans
• Effective evaluation and feedback skills
• Good knowledge of Data Protection (GDPR) and Cyber Security processes
• Good communication and presentation skills – written and verbal
• Excellent IT skills and knowledge combined with a good level of business acumen
• An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints System Requirements:
• Database and Networking management
• AS400 knowledge (implementation, maintenance, etc.)
• VMWare and NetApps to a high level of qualification
• SAP Knowledge but only to a user level and or 1st line support
The recruitment process:
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
We would like to thank you for your application, however due to the high volume of candidates applying; unfortunately, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Interface has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK, therefore successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK by the start of their employment. Should you be invited for an interview please ensure you bring a copy of your Passport with you, if you do not have a passport then please bring a form of identification that confirms your right to work in the UK, acceptable documents can be found by following this link https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/evidnece-support-your-right-to-work-uk
The client are an equal opportunity employer; this role is open to everyone.
Recommendations: If you recommend the opportunity to a friend or colleague then Interface will make a £500 referral fee payment (if we place the individual into the role). All you have to do is forward this email onto a colleague/friend; they then simply need to mention your name in their email response to Interface.