Information Security Analyst
JOB TITLE: Information Security Analyst
LOCATION: Leeds, UK
JOB CATEGORY/TYPE: Permanent
The client are a world leading technology company, based in Leeds. They employ over 500 people, based in 13 offices around the globe and they work with 12,000 people worldwide.
At the centre of the clients approach is delivering customer focused solutions of the highest possible quality and making the global communication process smooth for over 2,500 public and private sector clients.
They are looking to appoint an Information Security Analyst reporting to the Head of Information Security. The main purpose of the role is to support the activities of the Information Security Department. To become an SME on the following areas of the Dept. ISO27001, GDPR, PCI/DSS, Risk analysis, auditing. To work closely with the Head of Information Security to ensure that the plans and activities of the IS department are completed in accordance with Industry Best practice.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Perform internal audits of the Information Security Management System
• Be actively involved in maintaining/developing the IT Risk register
• Support External Audits of the Information Security Management System including applying any Corrective Actions. Support the deliver Management Review of ISMS and gain agreement from The Board
• Support the Head of I.S and work with employees on a global basis to raise awareness of data protection from both a physical and electronic perspective, ensuring effective local processes are in place.
• Mentor internal IT employees to improve overall IT security awareness and capability.
• Act as support to the Head of I.S liaison between the Global Sales Team and clients or prospects with respect to engaging in discussions around our technology and the benefit that provides our clients. Support client responses in relation to Information Security
• Work with other members of the Technology team to improve our own internal infrastructure to improve value for money, availability, serviceability and security.
• Improve the perception of IT by improving communication, developing a consultative approach to new implementations and delivering work items within agreed deadlines.
• Support the business align to GDPR regulations.
• Support the business to achieve and maintain LIST X certification.
• Support and maintain the business to achieve PCI/DSS
• Support the creation of robust processes to support the Business Continuity plans and Disaster Recovery plans
Key Performance Indicators:
• Support the retention of ISO 27001 or equivalent standard.
• Maintenance of ISMS as measured by approval during Management Review
• Completion and publication of audit reports to The Board
• Formal acceptance of Management Review of ISMS
• Demonstrating support to Global Sales or Operations Teams
• Demonstrating positive feedback on the service provided to the business in security and pre-sales matters
• Has previously acted in the capacity of Information Security Analyst or similar compliance role
• Ability to Learn or previous experience of ISO audits including ISO27001.
• Knowledge of IT Security Products and Services
• Developing and maintaining processes and roadmaps for security, risk and audit programmes
• Commercial experience and acumen with ability to engage C-Level Decision Makers
• Negotiation skills to enable formalising of a sales proposition and take from initial discussion to contract stage
• Experience in managing complex sales processes including supporting sales or pre-sales teams – Desirable
• Implementing Enterprise class IT Solutions – Desirable
• Budgeting / Financial oversight of a budget – Desirable