- Education Requirements - none
- Experience Requirements - see below
- Industry - professional services
- Job Location - Huddersfield, HD1 1AA
- Qualifications - ideally information technology industry standard such as MCSE
- Responsibilities - see below
- Skills - see below
- Work Hours - 37.5 hours
- Salary £30,0000 dependent upon experience
- Location Normal place of work shall be the company offices in Huddersfield although occasional travel to IT supply, partners may be required from time to time.
- Reporting Line Reporting directly to the ICT Director
A thriving organisation, specialising in the full range of professional services underpinned by our background gained in specialist areas. Receiving numerous coveted industry awards, on various occasions, including the last 5 years.
As well as Management Team of the Year 2015 and Marketing Campaign of the Year 2015.
We are the UK’s largest independent in our field and are the third highest participant in our sector by spend. With a justified reputation for quality, our ethical practices have seen us attract a panel of over 50 firms containing many of the country’s top 100 companies. We have a clear vision to be the UK’s number one professional services provider.
A great place to work, we are committed in developing our people to deliver a first class service and our proud to hold the Investors in People Gold standard award.
The day to day:
We are seeking an ICT Support Engineer to offer in house support on all elements relating to infrastructure and all ICT related hardware. This will involve responsibility for ICT equipment at all levels from installation and routine maintenance of Servers, PC’s and printers through to the implementation, maintenance and support of critical infrastructure to meet our operations present and future business needs. Besides your day-to-day activities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in projects and innovate in supporting the business and ICT requirements. You will be a key part of the team and thrive in delivering high quality results and always be on the lookout for advancing and improving our technological capabilities.
Working alongside a colleague with responsibility for all software and communication applications, the requirements are to work collaboratively with all partners, stakeholders and colleagues to achieve the key duties associated with the role which shall include, but is not limited to:
- Maintain a broad, end-to-end technical understanding of the ICT infrastructure in use across the business, being recognised as the “go to” person for incidents and ad hoc infrastructure and ICT equipment support, maintenance and development requests.
- Ensuring all ICT equipment and infrastructure (hardware and software) is running to its optimum performance. This will include internal networks, all internal hardware (including servers, PC’s, printers, telecommunications equipment), Infrastructure Software (including Server OS’s, Active Directory, Exchange), ICT security systems, internet connectivity (leased lines/broadband), telephone lines, security access systems.
- Carrying out the execution of change management requests as required (which may involve out of hours work). • Installation, maintenance and support of all ICT equipment including Servers, desktop PC’s, laptops, telecoms equipment, printers, scanners, and workstations.
- Maximising the availability of all ICT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and proactive, preventative maintenance with a continuous look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions.
- Ensure all devices Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam software is updated with plans in place to respond to a virus or virus type outbreak.
- Delivering outstanding level of service to your internal and external customer base.
- Liaise with contractors or external supply partners and clearly communicate technical issues to achieve successful resolution of incidents with minimal downtime and disruption to the business.
- Conducting user equipment trials and testing.
- Providing technical support to projects and initiatives.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the business model to be able to recommend the suitable use of all available technology to support the business achieve its aims.
- React quickly and as necessary to live infrastructure and equipment errors to minimise downtime and resolve the issue(s), by monitoring Event Logs, Alert Emails and ticketing tools.
- Performing any infrastructure or equipment upgrades or incident resolution out of hours to avoid unnecessary disruption to business activities.
- Plan, coordinate and deliver all documentation required in supporting the infrastructure to agreed standards, on time and error free.
- Identification of business, security and compliance risks associated with all equipment and infrastructure.
- Provide solutions, guidance and help to user problems wherever possible.
- Maintain an up to date schedule of works relating to any issues detected including the remedial action taken to resolve and restore and an appropriate plan to avoid any recurrence.
- Support users in the use of all equipment and relevant infrastructure by providing necessary training and advice and promote new technologies and processes by use of seminars and knowledge guides.
- Manage New Starters and Leavers processes
- Log and respond to all support calls and provide timely updates/solutions to users and senior management.
- Liaise with outsourced partners and others on technical issues and project work.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
- Keep updated on new technologies.
- To constantly monitor and analyse the existing ICT infrastructure with a view to identifying and recommending new and emerging technologies/advancements. Assess their relevance and potential value to the business and make recommendations for the improvement of the ICT infrastructure and systems to ensure that they align with the business processes and plans
- To ensure regulatory and legislative compliance (including all related Health & Safety requirements for the use of all ICT related equipment) whilst enabling the business to improve efficiency and client satisfaction
- Identification of business, security and compliance risks associated with ICT equipment and infrastructure and formulating and reporting a plan to mitigate those risks
- Develop and manage the company ICT security policy
- Development and implementation of a disaster recovery plan for the business
- Undertake daily health/security checks, backups, consumables etc • Ensure regular service of server and network management tasks
- Install and configure ICT equipment to a specification requested by senior management
- Provide a visible and accessible IT support to employees and guests (including out of office hours)
- Provide hardware fault-finding expertise and resolve where possible
- Troubleshoot multi-functional device issues
- Undertake ICT equipment and infrastructure projects from proposal through to delivery ensuring that proposed projects are properly understood, investigated, sourced and appropriately exploited
- Manage and maintain server/communications room including all racking and cabling
- Provide support to the company’s video conferencing and AV facilities, assisting users with general queries
- Manage and maintain stock levels, including mobile/laptop/tablet allocation. Ensure all stock is asset tracked corresponding to the requirements outlined by Management
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols
- Design, update and maintain technical documentation relating to IT protocols and procedures and, ensure these are shared with other staff members
- Keep updated on new technologies and service methods
- Maintain OS/third party application patch levels and security definitions
- Co-ordinate and facilitate moves around the office
- To undertake an active role in the business’ organisational development, contributing to change management projects
- Applying our values to your work and to relationships with clients and colleagues in a consistent manner.
- Taking responsibility for own personal development, in line with agreed annual performance objectives.
About the successful candidate:
The successful candidate must demonstrate a record of achievement against the following criteria; Experience Essential: Previous practical experience of supporting infrastructure within a commercial environment. Experience of a challenging and fast paced entrepreneurial environment. Experience of a broad range of technologies. Experience of managing, maintaining and identifying business critical equipment and infrastructure. Broad understanding of the technology landscape. Desirable: Educated to degree level or equivalent in ICT related studies Knowledge and basic understanding of the pro services industry. Information security knowledge. Third party supplier sourcing and management Skills Ability to cope with rapid change. Ability to manage many competing priorities. Strong communication skills at all levels of the organisation with the ability to communicate IT concepts to a variety of audiences. Ability to manage expectations of senior leaders, report progress and describe projects succinctly and clearly. Ability to understand business requirements and translate this into solutions. Good problem solving skills, an attention to detail and ability to work collaboratively as part of a team. Ability to create quality documentation to support the role where appropriate. Ability to manage business requirements through innovative hardware and infrastructure solutions. Excellent analytical skills
Essential Technical Skills:
Virtual Servers HP Switching and Configuration, VLAN’s Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 AD, DNS, DHCP, IIS, Group Policies Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013/2016 SQL Server Management 2008/2012/2014 Windows 7 and 10 Server Hardware, Networking and Firewalls Backup Technologies and Disaster Recovery Office 365 Desirable Technical Skills: SonicWall, VPN, SSL-VPN, MDM, WiFi networks Nutanix or alternative Hyper-converged solution Phone System experience (preferably Mitel) Sage Accounts and Payroll CCTV System Management Door/Security Access Management
The candidate shall be expected to display the personal behaviours and approach that align with our values as outlined below; Quality – We are committed to delivering excellence in everything we do. The quality of our work exceeds expectations. You will be driven to deliver, go the extra mile and be open to learning and continual development. Professionalism – At we do what we say. We are knowledgeable, organised and efficient and work hard to ensure we go the extra mile for our clients. You will be proactive and do what you say. You will be a role model and able to ‘grasp the nettle’. Respect – We value and support our clients and our colleagues and treat everyone with dignity and respect. You will listen to others and value diversity. Integrity – We work with the utmost integrity and accountability. Our stated values are reflected in our day to day behaviours. We set the standards in the industry and we do not cold call. You will be open and honest, approachable, fair and reasonable. Client focus – We put the client first. We are passionate about what we do. We are committed to learning about our clients and businesses so that we can add real value. You will value our clients and be able to build effective partnerships. Team work – we work as one team to deliver excellent results. You will be collaborative in your approach, share ideas and help colleagues to achieve targets and goals.