Industry - Medical Devices
Job Location - 2 Globe Road, Leeds
Work Hours - 9am - 5pm
We are looking to recruit a personable and self motivated Graduate or Junior Python Developer to work alongside a team developing products for medical and research purposes. Working with project leads, your responsibilities will focus on development of many types of software components, from embedded systems through to front end GUIs.
- Work from the York based office.
- Work with the Senior Developers to design and implement the software components
- Work individually to meet the same goals, seeking guidance appropriately.
- Taking responsibility working with the QA team to ensure that your software meets the high standard we require.
Education Requirements / Skills / Qualifications / Experience Requirements
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Good knowledge of Python and Linux.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to familiarise with new software quickly.
- Self-motivated and able to work on an individual basis or as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively manage own day to day tasks, providing timely status reports to Lead Developers.
- Familiarity with software best practice, for example CI, Git and code review.
- Knowledge of Qt for developing GUIs.
- Knowledge of C and other “lower level” languages typically used in embedded systems.
- Knowledge of Linux networking and related core technologies (SSH, PXE, TCP/IP, etc)