- Education Requirements - none
- Experience Requirements - see below
- Industry - professional services
- Job Location - Huddersfield, HD1 1AA
- Qualifications - ideally information technology industry standard ideally Umbraco Qualified
- Responsibilities - see below
- Skills - see below
- Work Hours - 37.5 hours
- Salary £45,0000 dependent upon experience
- Location Normal place of work shall be the company offices in Huddersfield
A thriving organisation, specialising in the full range of professional services underpinned by our background gained in specialist areas. Receiving numerous coveted industry awards, on various occasions, including the last 5 years.
As well as Management Team of the Year 2015 and Marketing Campaign of the Year 2015.
We are the UK’s largest independent in our field and are the third highest participant in our sector by spend. With a justified reputation for quality, our ethical practices have seen us attract a panel of over 50 firms containing many of the country’s top 100 companies. We have a clear vision to be the UK’s number one professional services provider.
A great place to work, we are committed in developing our people to deliver a first class service and our proud to hold the Investors in People Gold standard award.
You will be responsible for maintaining and updating all web related projects and server environments as well as being involved with other technical projects as the business requires, including the development of email templates, keeping up to date with PCI compliance requirements and creation of additional bespoke landing pages as required. As part of this role, you must have a strong understanding of UX, SEO and technical requirements from Google and how this applies to both desktop users and the mobile experience.
In addition, you will support the wider digital marketing strategy by providing support on the creation of A/B testing and the implementation of test outcomes.
You will play a key part of our Digital Marketing team and will be reporting to the Online and Digital Acquisition Manager, however you will be expected to take ownership for all development projects. You must have the ability to work form concept through to deployment ensuring a mobile first approach is always used.
You will have experience and knowledge about what makes a website work and therefore will understand the importance of development for SEO, Paid Search and other digital marketing channels.
Main duties include:
- Maintaining and updating the software on our server.
- Producing a weekly maintenance log of issues and fixes and potential impacts on the business.
- Keep up to date on the latest Umbraco developments and ensure that our website environment is always up to date with the latest patches and security fixes.
- Creation and updates to new and existing web templates – Working on both Front and Back end
- Investigate areas of technical improvements to all web assets, provide recommendations to the Digital Acquisitions Manager with timing plans and implement these recommendations once signed off.
- Work with the wider marketing teams to implement API connections to tools to aid reporting
- Investigate & troubleshoot development related website issues, communicating with wider stakeholders in terms of maintenance changes and updates.
- Support the Online and Digital Acquisition Manager with projects to improve the site through implementation of new features and functionality as well as having input to larger website projects.
Key qualifications and attributes of candidates include:
- Umbraco Qualified
- Experience in:
o API development including ASP.net Core
- A strong understanding of the full development lifecycle
- Prioritisation of personal workload to meet business needs
- Eager to learn and willingness to continually improve
- Strong understanding and experience of responsive design and mobile-first.
- Self-starter and confident at interpreting briefs.
- Ability to take direction and constructive feedback from senior members of the team.
- Highly organized and able to deliver within accurate timescales.
- Worked to achieve and exceed specific targets and KPIs.
- Experience of working in a KPI driven environment with clear evidence of how you have achieved and exceeded goals and targets.