This established organisation and the market leader in their field, have one of the world’s most visited and respected drinks related websites, with 1 million users per month.
Established for a couple of decades and with a strong history of being at the very forefront of drinking culture, they strive to continually innovate and improve the organisation through collaborative and creative thinking. Their development team are the backbone of the business and develop and manage the entire platform, including the online shop and other vital information libraries. The team are proud of their inhouse developed proprietary software.
The preference is to build their own domain rather than rent somebody else’s!
Fancy becoming a master master builder and spread your wings in the design of a globally recognised brand?
The role and the finer elements
- Good design skills for UI and UX
- Write clean, documented PHP code
- Working with MySQL and MongoDB
- UI/UX development
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Help manage the support ticket queue and shared mailbox
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimisation and functionality
- Although your intended focus will be frontend, you will be involved in backend development, partner control panels and side projects
- Write new automated testing scripts (Behat and Selenium)
- Monitor production environments (CloudFront and Nagios) and take appropriate action when needed to ensure best possible uptime.
- Experience SaSS
- PHP MVC framework experience
- Experience with REST APIs
- Linux RedHat and Ubuntu basic systems administration
- Using SSH
- Git (remote branching)
- Awareness of, and how to mitigate XSS, brute force, SQL injection etc
- GDPR best practices
- Ecommerce implementations
- Awareness of HREF-LANG multilingual markup
- Competitive remuneration package, including bonus scheme and pension
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank holidays
- Combination of office and home working
- Company get togethers including overseas trips
- Office dog!