Global major capital projects firm with operations across all sectors require an exchange / messaging specialist to assist in the management of the technical aspects of the Exchange 2013 environment, which includes email delivery, security and database management.
Industry - Capital Projeects
Job Location - 423 Kirkstall Road, Leeds
Work Hours - 9-5.30
Education Requirements - NA
You will be responsible for the delivery and performance of the email service to desktop and mobile devices. The ideal candidate will have experience in delivering an efficient email service across a multi-site email environment.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Daily monitoring – DAG status, message queues, service performance and interruptions, back-ups etc.
- Maintenance – undertaking patch management, volume and database management, proactive service performance management etc.
- Mail routing – internal and external SMTP routing, managing the external mail hygiene service etc.
- Service enhancements – archiving, system integrations etc.
- Governance - policies and process improvements, eDiscovery/DLP etc.
- Documentation – processes, procedures and standards; end user reference guides, FAQs and eLearning.Duties will vary and be revised due to the nature of the IT Support environment (the above is a guide and not a comprehensive list of responsibilities)
Core Technical Experience (Mandatory):
Excellent knowledge of Exchange Server (2010/2013), Database Availability Groups, Active Directory, Internet email platforms, networking protocols and PowerShell.
Minimum of three years’ experience in delivering Microsoft Exchange 2010/13 to desktop and mobile devices in a multi-site business.
- Group Policy
- Virtual Server experience (VMWare)
- PowerShell scripting
- Experience of communication, documentation and business writing in EnglishCore Behavioural Skills:
- Confident individual with good interpersonal skills, able to deal with people at all levels and communicate to users in a clear, non-technical language
- Analytically minded, able to break down and understand information
- Must be comfortable with working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Strongly customer-focused, used to providing support to demanding users
- Good organisational skills, used to managing and prioritising own workload
- Ability to report on progress, timescales, outstanding and completed activities