- Job Location - Leeds
- Education Requirements: BSc or MSc in quantitative discipline
- Experience Requirements: - see below
- Industry: - Retail
- Qualifications: Relevant industry standards
- Responsibilities: See below
- Skills: See below
- Work Hours: 35 hours
- Assisting in the delivery of software services, working closely with the Development teams, with a view to transitioning those services to Operations and IT Support smoothly.
- System security: control and maintenance of the access controls and permissions within the relevant server environment(s) as well as appropriate system and physical security measures. These include identification and application of security patches and Access Management.
- Building and installing new servers as part of on-going maintenance or for the provision of new services.
- Identifying areas where improvements can be made using redundancy, or additional services to provide a more stable service to the business.
- Assisting Incident and problem management functions in root cause determination of issues and input on creating preventative processes and re-occurrences.
- Active participation in BCP/DR activities and testing as well as providing input in to these processes.
- Delivery of Technical solutions and projects via project methodologies
Joining an existing Dev Ops team, the successful candidate will be required to actively participate in the building, support and maintenance of new and existing software services, working closely with the Development Teams. The successful candidate will ensure all servers and associated services are running effectively whilst liaising with event, incident and problem management functions to achieve SLA’s and service ambitions.
Skills / Qualifications / Education Requirements / Experience Requirements
- Strong background in Unix/ Linux operating systems.
- Strong scripting knowledge in Bash, Ruby, PHP and Python.
- Good background of working with data sources such as MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch etc.
- Good understanding of source control systems, such as Git.
- Firm understanding of continuous integration and deployment tools, such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins etc.
- Experience with cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure.
- Understanding of OS security hardening concepts and best practices.
- Good understanding of standard network services including TCP/IP, HTTP and DNS.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS (Non essential)
- Windows Server experience.
- PowerShell scripting.
- VMware VSphere products experience.
- ITIL experience or awareness.
- An understanding of the retail or IT support industries.