My client oversees the investment of pensions assets. They deliver long-term sustainable investment outcomes for client funds, building long-term partnerships through working collegiately, in a sustainable and transparent way. They are an FCA regulated investment company delivering through both internal and external management within a number of investment vehicles.
The Data team is a relatively young operational function which sits in Technology and Resilience. Operational resilience ensures the business has effective and robust controls and provision in place to manage its business resilience including disaster recovery, business continuity, cyber security, information security and the management of ICT material outsourcing. Data Management ensures the effective oversight and optimisation of data across the business.
The purpose of the Data Manager role is to ensure that their data resilience capability is effectively delivered in a transparent and standardised way; and regulation, governance and process are adhered to across the firm.
To provide operational oversight of the organisation's data management to ensure that business functional and non-functional specifications / requirements are collated in a consistent and structured manner so that products, systems, software, and processes are delivered successfully, and meet the business objective and purpose without compromising or risking existing services.
Role Specific Accountabilities
- Responsible for the operational oversight of business data capabilities, ensuring data requirements are designed and embedded across the business, including regulatory requirements, and compliance with the agreed ICT operating model.
- Responsible for ensuring Information related policies are effective and embedded in the business.
- Responsible for ensuring information handling remains effective and agile across the business and regulatory requirements are met in relation to storage, retention, deletion and classification.
- Support the Head of Technology and Resilience to ensure the Data Strategy continues to develop and innovate data capabilities to ensure it remains operationally effective.
- Support the Head of Technology and Resilience through liaison with external bodies including auditors to ensure the organisation has effective data management to support changing regulatory or legislative requirements, ensuring operational resilience and compliance with its Data Strategy.
- Manage the Electronic Document Management System, ensuring an effective structure and meta data, compliant access controls, reporting and operational oversight.
- Ensure that the organisation has effective colleague awareness and training in relation to data management.
- Support business owners design and implement effective data compliance and controls across business systems.
- Ensure effective data sharing policies, procedures and systems are in place to ensure ongoing compliance
- Responsible for ensuring corporate management information solutions meet business needs and comply with ICT operating model and strategy principles.
- Work with Outsourcing Contract Managers to ensure data management meets the Data Strategy and meets regulatory compliance.
- Monitor and analyse information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Support the investigation and remediation of data-related problems, draft or peer support proposed maintenance or modifications.
- Support the Head of Technology and Resilience to ensure data is protected from cyber threats and meets regulatory requirements.
- Support the Head of technology and Resilience to ensure the organisation has visibility of the changing cyber threat and challenge the existing operating model to ensure continued data resilience.
- Work with the ICT and Projects Manager to ensure the electronic document management system is cyber resilient for an agile and mobile workforce.
- Contribute to the ongoing ISO27001 accreditation and security standards set out in the ICT Strategy.
Identify risks in own area of responsibility, recognise risks in all areas of the business and notify any such risks to your People Manager and the Operational Risk Manager
- Demonstrable experience of managing data in a demanding, complex, business environment.
- Use of MI Tools in a demanding, complex, business environment.
- Data Management in a financially regulated company.
- Experience of data strategies.
- Cyber Security
- Experience of ISO27001
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Business Analysis tools and techniques in waterfall and agile environments.
- Experience documenting information policy & strategy.
- Experience & knowledge around data management techniques, including operational analytics and assurance reporting.
- Effective stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to reconcile and resolve conflicting information.
- Effective planning, organisational and analytical skills with ability to work with conflicting priorities
- Ability to create a culture of managing to deadlines while ensuring quality of outputs
- Excellent written verbal and numeracy skills
- Effective presentation skills
- High levels of integrity and trustworthiness
- Effective IT skills & knowledge required for the job role.
- Knowledge of Financial Services.
- Quality Management Experience
- Delivery of Training
- Microsoft Reporting Tools
- Change in Financial services organisations
- Other corporate knowledge – health and safety, ICT systems, HR, information management and data protection