Job Title: Data Engineer
- Chance to work with Cloud technology
- Big data environment
- Pioneering technology
- Truly creative / studio environment
- Leeds City location but with free parking
- Friendly team with a one for all attitude
Summary of position
The data engineer will be working across our client and SaaS product development teams, working in a variety of Agile (Scrum, DSDM, Kanban) and traditional project delivery frameworks.
Our data engineers are expected to know at least two scripting/OO/functional languages.
The data engineer will have the following responsibilities:
• Maintain a broad knowledge of the technology landscape helping the client provide market-leading consultancy services
• Assist our clients in enterprise-scale projects utilising best-practice development methodologies, well-tested code, and elegant solutions.
• Get stuff done properly, first time around.
• Make it right and only then make it fast.
• Spend as much time thinking about tests and security as on writing code.
• Work with a team of like-minded high-calibre engineers to translate user requirements into working code
• Have excellent team work, leadership and communication skills
• If you see something that’s broken, fix it. That includes the coffee machine.
Skills & Experience
The data engineer should have a broad experience of highly available, transactional and scalable solutions.
• Strong web & server-side development experience
• An understanding of data modelling – from 3NF through to denormalisation for analysis.
• A working knowledge of software development delivery in a Scrum environment
• Broader knowledge of IT – Networking, platform, hardware, security
• Experience of moving in a fast-paced, agile environment
• Working knowledge of at least one Cloud provider (PaaS, IaaS, SaaS)
• Exceptional stakeholder management skills & experience
Above all, the data engineer must be open to new technologies, quick to adapt, and quick to learn.
The Role will be based at a Leeds office. Travel to client sites may be required from time-to-time.