Role : Data Analyst – ETL Focused
Location: East Midlands
This is no straight forward Data Analyst position. The role is an integral part of a small but growing IT department supporting the business in delivering triple turnover growth over the next 3 years. There has been a diversification of services and a huge amount of investment from the global group leading to the most sustainable and secure growth phase in the companies’ history.
Never before has data been so important to the business. The IT infrastructure has recently been modernized such that all resources are held in Microsoft Azure and they are now looking to leverage new technologies and services to further grow the business with accurate analysis from the many data sources and applications the company run.
A global healthcare group offering services critical to the current pandemic and safe management of Healthcare delivery. An entrepreneurial Group with a desire to hire or create leaders, valuing a family culture which empowers employees by giving them autonomy and freedom to diversify their skills and responsibilities enabling the individual to grow in line with the business.
This Data Analyst role requires the an individual who has really solid experience in ETL. Drawing data from multiple data sources, transforming and the moving to a common data platform. A solid understanding of data structures and BI tools will be required to create a cohesive platform where data moves between systems and gives incisive reporting to inform critical business decisions from factory shop floor to auditing and consulting divisions. This will mainly be delivered using the MSBI stack (Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack) in the form on PowerBI as well as Data Driven programming languages such as 'M'. This is very much a starting point and there will be the opportunity to get involved in bigger, Global projects such as a Datawarehouse build on Azure and a self-service reporting build amongst others.
Key role responsibilities and technical requirements:
- Extract and transform data from our bespoke ERP system.
- Analyse data with a focus on streamlining and growing the business
- Gather transactional data and feeds into SQL servers for analytics
- Combine analytics from other business applications such as Salesforce, MS Dynamics, PeopleHR.
- Manage SQL / SQL Server
Essential skills and experience:
- DAX, M, MDX
- Excel (Power Query)
- Ability to analyse, model and interpret data, ETL procedures
- Capable SQL / SQL Server skills - Manage
- Exposure to Power BI or other reporting suites such as Tableau, Qlik, SAP BI would be an advantage but training given if not.
- High level of mathematical ability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organisation skills, able to meet deadlines
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Non Essential Skills / Experience
- Report production using SSAS, SSRS, MS Excel & PowerBI.
- ETL to RDS in AWS and Azure
- Data Warehouse / Database Concepts
- Visual Studio
Salary: £32k + £3k Bonus
Hours of work: Monday – Friday
Free parking: Yes
In the first instance there is little need to submit a CV. Let’s talk about your motivations and what you want from your next role.