Education Requirements - Degree Calibre
Industry - Software House
Qualifications - NA
Work Hours - 9-5 - some flexibility required
This role sits within a well-established computer software company, specialising in the development and supply of works / maintenance and asset management systems to local government and utility services sectors. The Company has an unrivalled reputation for delivery of quality products and services, and a 30+ year history of ethical business practices and consistent profitability.
The company became an employee owned organisation some years ago to develop a true sense of collaboration and ensure everyone in the business pulls in the same direction. The controlling majority shareholder of the business is a trust in which all employees have an equal share. This means that every employee of the company becomes a co-owner of the company with certain ownership benefits and responsibilities.
The Company offers very good working conditions and competitive salaries, plus benefits including an excellent pension scheme and share option scheme. The company that has seen constant growth over the last few years and are now looking to recruit a Software Application Support professional.
To understand the product range and then use this knowledge to provide a dependable and honest service to the entire customer base. To use your experience and knowledge in a positive way to assist the development of other members of the support team
- Provision of a response service for customer queries related to our bespoke software products and their operation.
- Responsibility for assessing customer problems and accurately prioritising any follow-up actions including, where appropriate, co-ordination with the functional / technical experts.
- Advice and guidance to customers in relation to any technical difficulties which may be experienced in operation of the products, including recovery from operational failure situations.
- Answering specific queries regarding the functionality of the software products, and the way in which they may be used to fulfill particular objectives. With urgent queries it is expected that you take ownership of the situation, escalating where necessary, and keep the Customers / account managers / development fully informed of progress.
- Maintenance of customer records, including hardware and software installation and network details.
- Provision of assistance with the Quality Assurance testing of software, before release for delivery to customers.
- Production of quality product-related material to assist customers in the effective operation of the system.
- To ensure that all contact with a customer is recorded in the corporate CRM.
- To learn and subsequently maintain the knowledge in the specialist functionalareas to which you have been assigned.
- To liaise between the customers and the Development Team in defining changes to the product range
- Where requested, to assist in the provision of our Managed Services solutions.
- From time to time, in addition to the main support role you may be assigned supplementary tasks. Generally, this will involve assisting other areas of the business to provide additional resources e.g. Training, Sales Activities or specialist consultancy
What we are looking for:
- Experience supporting customers over the phone in an IT domain
- Previous experience in IT Support, Application Support, Systems Support, Technical Support, Helpdesk or Service Desk type roles.
- Genuine customer service focused approach
- A long term approach to career