- Location: Leeds
- RATE: £320-350 PER DAY
- Free on-site parking
- Education: Commercial exposure required
- Qualifcations: ITIL and or MCSE / IT Security desirable but not essential
- Great exposure to Enterprise level technology and full MS tech stack inc Networking, Security, Virtualisation, Telephony, Physical kit all Windows – on site coaching provided to upskill for ICT environment
Job Purpose Provide a high level of service support and maintain the group systems and infrastructure, with the responsibility of identifying and implementing new developments, which are aligned with the organisation’s strategy.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver systems and requirements in-line with the IS strategy and the key strategic objectives.
- Ensuring the integrity of IT infrastructures.
- Maintaining lights on all Security Toolkit Infrastructure
- Supporting various toolsets SIEM, IDPS, and Malware Protection.
- Tuning and policy enablement, features and enhancements as required in response to Security Incidents and general enhancements requested.
- Troubleshooting potential impact of security tooling on business applications as required.
- Deliver new features or Security Tools.
- Response to and following of core IT Service Management Principles.
- Serve as a resource and technical expert within IT Security to the Head of Information Systems and the wider business.
- Assists in the training of department members, end users and new employees.
- Develop and update documents pertaining to system or software procedures, requirements and changes.
- Perform maintenance and backup functions for key systems. Resolving issues of diverse scope by reviewing and analysing identifiable factors.
- Collaborate with the IS department and key end users by conducting requirement and needs analysis.
- Conduct testing of systems when required, to ensure efficiency and accuracy, using the appropriate software tools.
- Implement and maintain system security and data confidentiality, integrity and availability across the network.
- Design, develop, modify, and maintain infrastructure solutions ensuring that the highest level of availability is always achieved.
- Administer, maintain, develop and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of critical systems and issues related to applications support and availability
- Work with other department members to facilitate the sharing of information between various departments and systems.
- Work with other systems analysts in the design, development and modification of enterprise solutions.
- Analyze and assess business needs and deliver solutions to address those needs while optimising performance and scalability.
- Provide accurate and timely resolutions to challenging technical problems while representing the team in a positive, professional manner.
- Provide support by both telephone and user visits where appropriate to ensure quick resolution of software and hardware problems, in line with department SLA’s.
- Install, configure, support, troubleshoot and document all areas of the infrastructure
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems for all supported platforms within the business.
- Test, install and configure new hardware and software solutions.
- Log all calls into the service desk application to ensure that statistics and analysis of all calls can be made.
- Assess and advise the Head of Information Systems on the potential benefit to the organisation, of specific system hardware or software developments or products.
- Ensure that users are kept informed of the status of any outstanding calls.
- Carry out project management, through its entirety, of new and existing system implementations and upgrades.
- Carry out 'ad-hoc' tasks when requested to assist with the security and smooth running of IT systems and to ensure a high level of support for users.
- Contribute to and perform according to the required business and departmental standards.
- Perform system checks in line with procedures set.
- Maintain department inventory and equipment specification files. To maintain error logging of system faults and liaises with users and suppliers to resolve faults.
- Assist with the production of departmental reports on a regular basis.
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors for supply of equipment and services, ensuring that the control of cost base is taken into consideration.
- Provide weekly reviews of work completed, work in progress and planned work to the Head of Information Systems and member of the department.
- To undertake training as deemed appropriate within the department and through liaison with the Head of Information Systems.
- Provide critical and key system support and maintenance for operational systems outside of normal working hours.
- Any other tasks as requested by Head of Information Systems.
Experience of Engineering and operating Security Toolsets in large and complex environments.
Strong understanding of security threats and compromise methods.
Proven background working as a 2nd/3rd Line Support Analyst within a Service Desk environment.
Excellent technical knowledge and experience of supporting Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Software
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory Network Services (Inc., but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, Group Policy, and DHCP).
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange.
Sound awareness of cyber risk and the importance of security hardening to safeguard business systems.
Customer focused, with experience of providing advice and guidance to customers over the telephone, e-mail and Internet with a proven track record of service delivery.
Organised and methodical, with the ability to work to targets and goals unsupervised.
Enthusiastic, self-motivated team player with the ability to work within a demanding environment and be able to demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving.
Patience and ability to remain calm under pressure, whilst showing initiative at all times and an ability to apply a lateral thought process to problem resolution.
SQL Server (Administration activities including: installation, performance tuning, security, analysis and reporting, backup and recovery).
A sound working knowledge of IP Routing and VLAN configurations.
Strong understanding of secure firewall configurations, including, but not limited to 2-factor SSL VPN’s and granular access policies.
Good working knowledge of VMware, including monitoring, provisioning, housekeeping and troubleshooting activities to maintain a stable environment.
Experience of delivering IT projects from inception to transition into production support.
Experience of supporting and administrating a VMWare vSphere virtual environment.
Proven 5+ years’ commercial support experience (Inc. 1st line).
2+ years’ experience supporting Microsoft Exchange - 2010 (and onwards)
2+ years’ experience supporting a Microsoft Windows Server environment - 2008 (and onwards).
2+ years’ experience supporting Windows Active Directory and the associated services (Inc DHCP, DNS, Group Policy).
4+ years’ experience supporting Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems and associated applications (i.e. MS Office).
Flexible approach, able to cover on-call and willing to work out-of-normal working hours as necessary, and when requested by the Head of Information Systems.
2+ years’ of experience with administrating Microsoft SQL Server.
2+ years’ experience supporting Microsoft Office SharePoint Services.
1+ years’ experience supporting and maintaining secure firewall configurations.
Experience in the maintenance and repair of current IT equipment and systems.
1+ years’ experience supporting and maintaining network infrastructure services, including IP Routing and VLAN configurations.
Experience of working to an ITIL framework.