Job title: Business Intelligence Lead
Salary: (£57k-£62k package) £50,000 to £55,000 basic salary
Benefits: £6,850 Car Allowance, 25 days holiday plus all bank holidays, x3 life, Healthcare, flexi-time around 38 hours contract, Pension (stakeholder)
Education: Ideally degree educated but commercial experience is first and foremost
Role: The BI Lead is responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of the Business Intelligence & Data Architecture; focusing on supporting the group’s growth and transformation, with the objective of making their architecture, solutions and end user experience better and simpler. The BI Lead operates across the range of Business, Data, Applications and Technology, with a wide remit including roadmaps, integrations and both in-house and external services. They work closely with the software development teams, the head office teams (transformation, infrastructure and business representatives) and business unit leaders in the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
- Reports into: Software Development Director
- Responsible for line management of Power BI Developer(s)
- Based in Leeds or Lutterworth, spending appropriate time at each location
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g., reporting tools) by creating visualisations and reports for requested projects.
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms.
- Taking ownership, meeting deadlines, whilst building good quality Power BI reports.
- Designing and delivering excellent user interfaces, based on a sound understanding of UX. Championing sound UI/UX principles.
- As well as hands-on technical support, the role provides knowledge transfer to Service Desks and other teams in the UK, Middle East and Europe, and is a point of contact when answering questions around Power BI.
- Ensure alignment of IT strategy and business strategic goals; and the translation of the strategy into a comprehensive and flexible Data Architecture and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Responsible for production of high-level solution designs including non-functional requirements.
- Develop and promote standard architectures, frameworks, and technology platforms for reuse.
- Providing IT technical leadership, expertise and direction for BI.
- Rigorous strategic analysis of architectural issues.
- Supporting, challenging and collaborating with senior managers and decision makers
- Provide architectural support at the front end of projects and continue to provide support as projects deliver, including interfacing between the business, IT and partners.
- Be the principal evangelist within IT and across the business for the rationale for our data architecture and roadmaps, able to translate technical issues into plain English.
- Monitor external technology innovation to ensure that the business remains technologically competitive, including suppliers, competitors and adjacent sectors.
- Responsible for managing, scheduling and prioritising work for Power BI Developers, to ensure that appropriate data standards are applied across the enterprise
- Working closely with software developers, QA and Business analysts to assist with new solutions to meet new business requirements.
- To conform to and adopt industry standards and best practices, system updates and fixes.
- Share their knowledge in the education of others and usage of these IT systems.
- Degree calibre, with a professional background in Software Development
- At least 3 years of data architecture experience, including ETL & MDM solutions
- At least 3 years of experience with Datawarehouse and related technologies
- At least 3 years of advanced SQL programming skills required
- Experience with data visualization tool such as Power BI
- Knowledge and understanding of architecture management techniques in the areas of migration planning, implementation, change management and governance
- Experience in mentoring and coaching developers in technical and data architecture
- Experience of influencing non-technical executive stakeholders from around the business
- Familiar with some of the following technologies:
- SaaS; IaaS; PaaS (Software, Infrastructure, Platforms)
- Cloud Solutions: Azure
- Data Storage technology: SQL, Cosmos
- Microsoft technologies: DevOps; Windows 10; Office365; SharePoint; Active Directory
- Enterprise Service Management: ServiceNow
- Experience of KPIs, SLAs and service management
Recommendations: If you recommend the opportunity to a friend or colleague then Interface will make a £500 referral fee payment (if we place the individual into the role). All you have to do is forward this email onto a colleague/friend; they then simply need to mention your name in their email response to Interface.