Industry - Financial Services
Job Location - LS4 2EW, Leeds
Work Hours - 9 until 5.15
Benefits and Headlines
- Leeds - State of the art offices with free parking!
- 10% bonus
- Gym on site
- Picnic area
- Local world deli’s for lunch
- Break out areas
- Strong career path within a company that invests in I.T/Development of technology operations
- Flexible benefits that you can cash for salary
- Cycle to Work
- Dental insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Retail discounts
- Excellent coaching and training
The BI Developer will support the BI Team in providing high quality, timely and accurate reporting and analysis across all business functions to enable measured decision making, and support the day to day operations and continued growth of the business.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Development of new business intelligence across all business functions through BI tool
- Development of business intelligence in line with full BI lifecycle
- Present technical BI to non-technical business stakeholders
- Work closely with business stakeholders in delivering business reporting requirements
- Ad-hoc analysis/reporting as required by Directors and Business functions
- Support the delivery and streamlining of BAU and automated schedules within the team
- Producing robust BI documentation in line with requirements
- Support significant data and BI tool migration projects
- Ensure BI reporting is governed to the highest degree in line with Business Glossary and Business Semantic Layer
- Support and promote Data Warehouse roadmap delivery
- Work closely with Data Architects to develop the best BI solutions possible
Experience Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience of producing reporting and BI through Qlikview or similar BI tools
- Experience of designing data structures (dimensional / star schemas) and optimising performance
- Experience working with complex data structures
- Business/Numerical Honours degree or QBE or equivalent
- Effective communicator with good organisational skills
- Advanced Microsoft office skills (Excel, Power Point, etc)
- Experience of presenting technical information to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to adapt & change reporting requirements to suit business needs
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage / prioritise workload
- Able to prioritise multiple tasks and work under pressure for senior business people
- Ability to interpret data to provide insight and direction based on findings
- Knowledge of SQL Server. T-SQL essential.
- Proven experience with enterprise BI tools (Qlik, SAP, Microstrategy, Tableau, Other). QlikView and QlikSense are preferred (scripting, UI design and data visualisation).
- Good understanding of BI development life cycle.
- Experience and knowledge of dimensional data modelling.
- Design and development of physical & logical data models (data warehousing knowledge).
- Full BI Stack (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS).